Where to buy Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, 32 ohms version?
Dec 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

AlienBoy

New Head-Fier
I looked into many places including Amazon, eBay, Best Buy, Newegg, Circuit City, Fry's and even Guitar Center and Sam Ash, but with no luck finding Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, 32 ohms version...

Can anyone give me some ideas where to look into? I'm also considering the more common 80 ohms version, but I'm worry about if it can be driven well since I don't plan to buy any amps. Btw, I live in Los Angeles!

Thanks!

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 9
i think they ship worldwide but you'll have to pay duties...
i agree that at this price level, it's not the bargain of the year
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 9
http://www.italmelodie.com/?section=item&itemID=6974

A Canadian store that ships within Canada and the States. Never used them but i've been looking for dt770's as well. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
http://www.italmelodie.com/?section=item&itemID=6974

A Canadian store that ships within Canada and the States. Never used them but i've been looking for dt770's as well. 

Thanks a lot! It's a good price too, for both 80 and 32 ohms!

I also found a bargain for 80 ohms version on eBay, a bit worry if it's fake because it's too cheap.

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #7 of 9
I've been looking at the DT770 series recently also and ended up buying a pair of 80 Ohms. When I read your first post however it made me think of the few times where I read that the 32 Ohms are actually harder to drive then the 80, 250, or 600 Ohm versions. I have no experience with the Beyerdynamic DT line except for the 80 Ohm series but since you are not planning to buy an amplifier it might be worth noting.

Here's one of the posts where this was mentioned. Great thread by the way if you had never read it before.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more/990#post_8613936

Zombie_X's take on the DT770 32 Ohm

The 32Ohm model of the DT770 is closer sounding to the 250Ohm and 600Ohm models than it is to the 80Ohm model. The most striking difference is that they have far less bass than the 80Ohm model, but also are fuller sounding. The bass on the 32Ohm's is tight and controlled but rather light on impact. If I had to rate it's impact I would say it's like the DT880/250, but even less than those. The high while quite extended and detailed but has a slight edge to them, but not grating or strident sounding. All of the DT line (DT770-DT990) has a treble oriented sound, so the DT770 will emphasize this. Now the mids, while fuller than the 250Ohm and 80Ohm models, are there but still recessed to a degree. The mids are clear, detailed, and possess decent transparency. Now the soundstage is smaller than the 80Ohm and 250Ohm and has an "in your head" sound to it. The dynamics of this model seem slightly lower compared to the 250Ohm version, but it’s hard to tell.

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #8 of 9
Hey all, I here can confirm that italmelodie.com carries the 88th anniversary[size=small] [/size]DT 770 Pro 32 ohms limited edition.  I placed my ordered about 3 weeks ago, and received it in about two weeks time.  It was a "preorder" at the time, but i can see that they now have it in stock as per their website.  I live in Canada, so obviously no duties AND free shipping for me, but at the price they are selling, i think it will still be a good buy even with duty to the US.  Just letting you know!

BTW, the DT770 88th anniversary is a true giant slayer at $200, I highly recommend it.

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
I've been looking at the DT770 series recently also and ended up buying a pair of 80 Ohms. When I read your first post however it made me think of the few times where I read that the 32 Ohms are actually harder to drive then the 80, 250, or 600 Ohm versions. I have no experience with the Beyerdynamic DT line except for the 80 Ohm series but since you are not planning to buy an amplifier it might be worth noting.

Here's one of the posts where this was mentioned. Great thread by the way if you had never read it before.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more/990#post_8613936

Zombie_X's take on the DT770 32 Ohm

Any thoughts of DT 770 Pro series are welcome! Plus, I'm also considering the 80 ohms version too, but still will use it without an amp - is that a bad idea? I recently tried listen to DT 770 Pro 80 ohms at Guitar Center. It is a new, non-burned/ran one, with only my cell phone, Galaxy S II, to drive it. Its great, clear sound and rich bass got me immediately! Although I have to crank the volume to the max. Thus, that experience makes me thinking maybe an 80 ohms version will suit my need too.

I also have the impression that people say 32 ohms may be harder to drive than 80 ohms. But I guess that is compared under the situation that if you put both 32/80 on an amp? I never got my feet in the amp world, so I might be very wrong :p

My main purpose for DT 770 Pro is monitoring headphone for sound design. Do you think this is a good one? The rich bass of 80 ohms makes me wonder if it's a "coloring" of bass.

Btw, the thread you mentioned is really great, thanks so much! Just I need half a day to dig into the 82-page long thread, which I only have read a few pages :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back