Where to buy Audio Technica ESW9 in the UK
Jul 16, 2010 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bandeira

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Headfiers, 

My sister will be on a work travel to the uk she liked so much my ESW9s that she is willing to buy her a set.
I know there are lots of fake versions of theses cans, so I wonder if one could recommend me somewhere to buy a guaranteed legit pair in the UK.

She'll be staying in London, but mail delivery is welcome.

Jul 18, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 7
She'll be staying in Amsterdam also... so any news are welcome. Cheers!

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #3 of 7
The problem is ESW9A isn't a model that is stocked by AT's UK distributor. So basically any shop that sells ESW9A in UK is just grey import (of unknown origin). I guess you'd have to buy it online from some very reliable shops etc. Note there is custom & import tax implication if you get headphones from outside EU while you in UK.

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 7
ES10 is a model stocked in UK but offical MRRP price is very high. Maybe some shop would do discount on ES10, could try Arena Electronics in Tottenham Court Road.

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 7
any suggestions on the same quality/specs/price recommended that are easily available in the UK?

She needed something rather portable but with quality

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #6 of 7
Could you be more specific regarding price and the genre of music she listens to. I assume you are looking for something in the $300 or £200 mark? Does it need to be closed phone with good isolation or will open be ok? I assume you a phone that doesn't require an amp?

I have seen one online shop that sell the ESW9A here but with unknown origin (£229), so porbably not worth taking the risk for that. If you import it from say Headroom, it would probably cost around £260 mark my pure guessimate ($259 + postage + tax).

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #7 of 7
I think she is more into the SQ she got when she tried my ESW9.
regarding price, I've bought mine from Beach Camera, in the US, from about US$250,00 shipped and verified them to be genuine from the details I see on the web (texture on wood, on leather and blue driver coil)
Closed is good but not essential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back