Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Oct 13, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #1,771 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by fallsroad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might be worth having someone pose as a potential new buyer who has no history with SP, and see if a current address comes out of it.

Too late... he would already know from this thread.

Oct 13, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #1,772 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too late... he would already know from this thread.

If his site is still active, one presumes he may still be taking orders from prospective customers.

Just need to gin one up and go for it. How would anyone separate a would be buyer from here from a random one through his site?

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #1,774 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by penger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have gone ahead and filed a claim with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. We'll see if anything happens.

All of the aggrieved should do the same. As well as contact the CO AG.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #1,775 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All of the aggrieved should do the same. As well as contact the CO AG.

Yes, yes, yes. Enough attention and something will happen.

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #1,776 of 1,964
Yes...something did happen.

Disputed my $11,300 purchase through paypal/American Express. $6,500 refunded prompty from paypal (through AmEx) within about a month of dispute. $4,800 recovered directly through AmEx after disputing 3 times, sending copies of email correspondences, sales invoices, phone conversations. (I paid half first and the rest after Mikhail told me my amp was done in December of 2008)

Order date for amp/cables: 9/23/08. AmEx says to dispute within 60 days but how can you do this if it is a custom build that is going to take months to complete if at all? (can't dispute a charge online automatically after 60 days - CALL THEM) - I think I disputed in like February over the phone and argued my case.

Suggestion - Dispute through paypal/credit card immediately. You may get lucky and have enough evidence to prove your case that you do not want an amp, if you even receive an amp who knows if it will work and just want your money back because this guy can't be trusted. Mikhail built some serious amps in the past but now its BS.

I hope this helps.

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #1,778 of 1,964
WoW...I've been away from Head-Fi for a while (10 months at least) and I thought this thread would have died. I'm sitting here shaking my head. I got back to about page 112 and had to stop searching for a positive experience. It also looks like most people have dumped their Singlepower gear.

*Sigh*

At this point, Even though I really wanted a Maestro as my next upgrade, I would have to see a drastic improvement in service and responsiveness before I ever sent Mikhail money again. With that being said, what other amps rival the sonic quality of Singlepower in the $2000-$5000 range?!

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #1,779 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At this point, Even though I really wanted a Maestro as my next upgrade, I would have to see a drastic improvement in service and responsiveness before I ever sent Mikhail money again. With that being said, what other amps rival the sonic quality of Singlepower in the $2000-$5000 range?!

I think you would be better served making a new thread so that this one can remain on track and not get threadjacked.

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #1,780 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you would be better served making a new thread so that this one can remain on track and not get threadjacked.

That wasn't my intention...making a new thread.

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #1,782 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That wasn't my intention...making a new thread.

No problem. Didn't see it as a jack. Just mentioning it...

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #1,783 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After 100's of pages and multiple years, I don't think anyone could be totally accused of thread jacking.

Neil

smile.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #1,784 of 1,964
Hey neilvg, did you ever get your amp fixed?
My Concerto (Maestro-ES-1) is in the shop now.

Oct 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #1,785 of 1,964
SO, just to get this straight...Mikhail is out of business and no longer covering the amps under warranty, or he is still in business and serving clients regardless of the lead time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back