Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Sep 20, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #1,741 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My WA22 should be here anyday. I saved $4750 with Woo. Still not sure about WA22's ability as preamp.

Congrats on the credit card refund and your Woo purchase. Woo's a great company to deal with (and so is your credit card company!)

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #1,742 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As last week my credit card company refounded $6500 out of $7000 that Mikhail took from me. I am glald off the hook on that deal. So I ordered WA22 insdead. Mikhail should go to jail.

Good to hear someone recover his loss. Dissappointed why the guy still no legal action taken on him.

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #1,743 of 1,964
Legal action is tricky, and most of the folks directly affected care about their time more than justice, which is plenty rational. Threads like these serve to curtail his incoming orders plenty well.

Sep 25, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #1,744 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amarok, did you contact the Colorado AG's office?

Not yet. I'm a big *****
redface.gif
, so I sent him a last polite email.
Has anyone gotten any reply in the last few months? Or any satisfaction of any kind?
Anyone who has lost a >$2200 piece of equipment, or your equivalent, feel free to use this in some form and we can try to get his attention. I'm also very long winded
biggrin.gif
Here's the text:

Hi Mikhail,
You've been a tad uncommunicative lately. I checked on head-fi and a lot of rumors and accusations are swirling around. With >$2200 of my property in your possession (and apparently many other customers' $thousands in equipments and advance payments), I think you can understand why I (and others) really deserve a reply.
If I don't hear from you soon, I feel it will be necessary to call your local police station and file a missing persons report in case something bad has happened to you. I realize that high quality repairs and construction of new amps cannot be done quickly. But no matter how busy you are you can, and should, take the time to reply to customers who have paid you $thousands for their (IMO, exquisitely sounding) equipment. My motivation for pursuing this so vigorously is your total lack of communication of any kind about a very expensive piece of equipment which has been in your possession for a very, very long time.

Depending on the results of that, and what I've read on the internet, it may be necessary to pursue this line of inquiry up the law enforcement chain as far as needed and since I live in another state other agencies may become interested.

Please see M.G.L. - Chapter 266, Section 30

I really, really hope that there is another reason for your lack of response to my repeated attempts at contact via telephone and email.
I observed that once when I called, your voice mailbox was full but later I was able to leave a message. The fact that the latter attempt still had your "greeting" on it says to me that no one pulled the plug on your phone account and that you must have cleared the vmail box and therefore had the opportunity to hear the messages with which I and others had filled your mailbox.

$2200 is a lot of money and I will never be able to spend that much again on audio equipment.

I just really, really want my amp back and sounding as good as it did when I bought it. Absent that, the money will allow me to buy another, most likely lesser, one from someone else. Other [legal] outcomes would be less satisfying.

Please, please, please contact me and let me know what has happened.

Here's hoping for the best outcome, which is getting back the best piece of audio equipment I've ever heard,

David Panariti
[phone number redacted]
davep.singlepower@meduseld.net
You know my mailing address.
42 deg 31' 32" N / 71 deg 5' 44" W <--- In case he wants to do an airdrop
wink_face.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #1,745 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
42 deg 31' 32" N / 71 deg 5' 44" W <--- In case he wants to do an airdrop
wink_face.gif

[/FONT]

unfortunately, judging by their internals, it looks like some of the most recently returned amps WERE dropped from airplanes!

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #1,747 of 1,964
3951820993_d6fb7a4598_o.png

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #1,748 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by h.rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3951820993_d6fb7a4598_o.png

Doesn't look like anyone's there...

3951890657_a262ab5541_o.jpg

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #1,749 of 1,964
He could be operating at one of those spaces. :dunno:

3951901759_77630c7e07_o.png

3951899757_772a5ed479_o.png

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #1,750 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unfortunately, judging by their internals, it looks like some of the most recently returned amps WERE dropped from airplanes!

I don't care if my MPX3 was filled with dead rodents and dung beetles, it was the best sound I'd heard. Ever. As far as I can recall.

Other people have gotten their stuff returned? Who? When? How? Do you mean returned as in returned after being serviced or just initial delivery? Did they fly to CO and pick up the stuff themselves? I'd hate to have to do that.
Guess I'll have to slog thru the 110+ pages of this thread.

$2200 $2200 $2200 $2200 $2200 $2200 $2200
I'm the chump in this deal, but that's not chump change.
That much amp has been at his shop since late Feb. Is it too much to expect to be listening to it by now, rather than typing this crap?
The last time he communicated with me was mid-April. He said we needed to talk about working out the return shipping (this was via e-or-voice mail). When I called to talk about this, he was MIA. I've been trying to get in touch ever since. Nothing. At. All.
It's the utter lack of response that is bothering me and making me feel that something is not as it should be. I can think of NO legitimate reason for not having heard a word since April.
Hell, even just excuse after excuse would be better. But total silence? How can I know if he's even alive? Or in the country? Or not incarcerated somewhere. Even if he's in the hospital, Mongolia or the stony lonesome, he should still be able to respond to voice mail. Maybe he's in some witness protection program? Kidnapped by aliens?

By Loki, I hope I don't have to go thru the law.

-=A=-

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #1,751 of 1,964
Quote:

Holy crap! Have you gotten "justice" this way?

I'm so cynical that I never believed that in these corporatist days that a single human could go up against any business with a chance of success.
2nd class citizen vs 1st class. Hell, it took me months just to get an ISP to stop charging me monthly fees after I quit. And even then, I had to go there and tell them I'd quit. No response to email, registered letters, nothing. Amex did NOTHING to stop it. Sure, every month I'd get them to remove the charge, but they wouldn't stop them from occurring. They tried to contact the ISP and *they* go no response either. From one of their clients. But the bills never stopped coming. Amex said that even if I canceled the card, I'd keep getting bills. The CoC and BBB basically laughed at me for actually registering a complaint. Qualitatively the same, but light years apart quantitatively. Humans << business.

I just glanced at the front page of the link, but it looks almost as easy as filling out a form.
It's 2am and I gotta get up @ 6:30am. I'll look into this later today.
If this works out, I'll buy you a {beer, smoothie, Coke(r), cuppa coffee} or CD of your choice.

Thanks a 2200!

-=A=-

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #1,752 of 1,964
Quote:

I'm so cynical that I never believed that in these corporatist days that a single human could go up against any business with a chance of success.
2nd class citizen vs 1st class. Hell, it took me months just to get an ISP to stop charging me monthly fees after I quit. And even then, I had to go there and tell them I'd quit. No response to email, registered letters, nothing. Amex did NOTHING to stop it. Sure, every month I'd get them to remove the charge, but they wouldn't stop them from occurring. They tried to contact the ISP and *they* go no response either. From one of their clients. But the bills never stopped coming. Amex said that even if I canceled the card, I'd keep getting bills. The CoC and BBB basically laughed at me for actually registering a complaint. Qualitatively the same, but light years apart quantitatively. Humans << business.

I just glanced at the front page of the link, but it looks almost as easy as filling out a form.
If this works out, I'll buy you a {beer, smoothie, Coke(r), cuppa coffee} or CD of your choice.

Thanks a 2200!

-=A=-

One word: lawsuit.

It is difficult to believe that no one has done it yet.

All it will take is one of you to get the ball rolling.

Just one.

Hire an aggressive collections attorney in Colorado. Let him know that there are potentially lots of other plaintiffs that will contact him. I promise you, you will find someone willing to go after him.

Mikhail has little chance of fighting a suit. There ain't much to discuss. He will either hide and default or settle.

Either way will open the floodgates. The attorney can either file for a slew of defaults or force Mikhail to settle the rest. If there is a default, the attorney has a wide range of weapons to collect with, even going so far as to seize personal assets and real property and forcing a judicial sale of those assets.

All it takes is one of you to step up to the plate and do it.

Whining and complaining online won't do it. Neither will most of the other stuff discussed in this thread.

Someone needs to step up and sue. There is no other way.

Further, it's not just about your loss. You'd be helping Head-Fi and the community - your friends - if you did this.

If it were me, Mikhail would be staring down the barrel of six figures of scorched earth litigation.

Sep 25, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #1,753 of 1,964
If Mikhail still owes you EITHER an amp or money, you need to use the law. In case you have noe been reading the other threads, you do *NOT* want him to send you an amp!!!! His amps are in many, or even most, cases actually dangerous! For him to send you an amp would just mean you'd have to turn right around and send it to a qualified tube technicial to check it over and very likely make some repairs/mods.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #1,754 of 1,964
Keep in mind statutes of limitations, which usually only give you a few years after the tortious event to file suit.

Erik -- there are some obstacles to recovery here beyond merely filing a suit. I have a sense Mikhail may have disappeared, so service may not be easy. Also, who knows what his finances look like today, and you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. Obviously the legal cases are a slam dunk, and there are likely lawyers who will agree to take the case on a contingency fee.

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #1,755 of 1,964
Quote:

Thanks a 2200!

-=A=-

Try your credit card company again. This time is to dispute the charge. In my case, both citicard and bank of america refound the payment+interest even the charges are 10 month old. For charge older than 3 month. You need fill up different forms, write a detailed letter, and print out your email as evidence. Then wait a few weeks, ban, there is your money back!

I think I am going to get CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back