Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Mar 23, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #1,621 of 1,964
Maybe I found it, bolted to the case in the "after" picture with blue white any yellow wires attached. But where it is in the "before" picture: I have not a clue. Woops...wait...i thimnk....it's stuck in the hole pin side down where the wires came out of in the after pic. That makes sense. But it was sure hard to spot in the "after" pic.

Problem solved. No help needed.

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #1,622 of 1,964
This is just an idea; an I don't personally own any Single Power Equipment but why not start a Headfi Legal Fund so that you could begin some form of Letigation against SP. Or better still, maybe there is some form of an inusrance program that could be used to protect and compensate our Headfi Members from similar problems with a company or DIYS builder. I know membership in Headfi is free of charge$, but I would not be against the idea of paying a fee or even a yearly fee to protect our great membership from such terrible actions as the ones presented in this thread. Scottsmrnyc

Apr 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #1,623 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottsmrnyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is just an idea; an I don't personally own any Single Power Equipment but why not start a Headfi Legal Fund so that you could begin some form of Letigation against SP. Or better still, maybe there is some form of an inusrance program that could be used to protect and compensate our Headfi Members from similar problems with a company or DIYS builder. I know membership in Headfi is free of charge$, but I would not be against the idea of paying a fee or even a yearly fee to protect our great membership from such terrible actions as the ones presented in this thread. Scottsmrnyc

Can't speak for the powers that be but I think that would be emposing on Jude. Unless there's a specific slant or grievance against Head-Fi I'm not sure thats a thing to do. It's not Jude's problem... it's a purchaser's problem. I see no reason for me to sue you if you tell me to buy a Toyota Camry because it's the best in it's class, then it turn out to be a lemon. I should go after Toyota... not you.

I believe there is already a disclaimer/warning on SinglePower here at the moment. Buyer Beware...

Apr 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #1,624 of 1,964
I think you might be missing the point here. We have all sorts of group insurances; such as group health insurance. For those that would be interested, why not organize, and perhaps it doesn't have to be Jude, a Headfi Group Comsumer Protection Insurance Policy. I am not saying that I am up for the task either; but with all the people posting on Headfi, regardless of whether they have had a good experience in their purhases or a negative purchasing experience, we certainly have some clout if we ban together to purchase a group comsummer protection plan. I am not very sure if such a thing really exists; I know some credit cards offer a form of consummer protect plans. It's just an idea at this point. Almost all big ticket purchases work out fine; but for a couple of bucks a year, it might be worth it to look into this possibilty. Scottsmrnyc

Apr 1, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #1,625 of 1,964
Quote:

I think you might be missing the point here. We have all sorts of group insurances; such as group health insurance. For those that would be interested, why not organize, and perhaps it doesn't have to be Jude, a Headfi Group Comsumer Protection Insurance Policy. I am not saying that I am up for the task either; but with all the people posting on Headfi, regardless of whether they have had a good experience in their purhases or a negative purchasing experience, we certainly have some clout if we ban together to purchase a group comsummer protection plan. I am not very sure if such a thing really exists; I know some credit cards offer a form of consummer protect plans. It's just an idea at this point. Almost all big ticket purchases work out fine; but for a couple of bucks a year, it might be worth it to look into this possibilty. Scottsmrnyc

facepalm.png

You're still bringing Head-Fi into it. If the rolls were reversed I wouldn't want my company/website being drawn into a problem that I had no stake or cause in. I would think you would have to create an outside organization unless Jude wants in. I wouldn't want the headache...

Apr 1, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #1,626 of 1,964
Quote:

I think you might be missing the point here. We have all sorts of group insurances; such as group health insurance. For those that would be interested, why not organize, and perhaps it doesn't have to be Jude, a Headfi Group Consumer Protection Insurance Policy. I am not saying that I am up for the task either; but with all the people posting on Headfi, regardless of whether they have had a good experience in their purchases or a negative purchasing experience, we certainly have some clout if we ban together to purchase a group comsumer protection plan. I am not very sure if such a thing really exists; I know some credit cards offer a form of consumer protect plans. It's just an idea at this point. Almost all big ticket purchases work out fine; but for a couple of bucks a year, it might be worth it to look into this possibility. Scottsmrnyc

Let me say at the outset that I appreciate the concern about other members. That's nice to hear.

OTOH, we tend to insure, or over insure, everything nowadays. Sometimes, stuff happens, and sometimes the stuff is bad. With some of the vendors in this marketplace, you pays your money, and you takes your chances. I am an owner of an SP amp, and if it goes bad, I figure "that's life." (That is, I'll have to incur some time and expense to find someone to repair it.) In addition, I suspect such insurance would be quite expensive relative to the benefits that could be paid, and would not be practical for other reasons.

But, again, the underlying sentiment is nice.
regular_smile .gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #1,627 of 1,964
I agree - the right thing is for people to let their WALLETS do the talking. I like SP amps, but I would not buy anything now from them no matter what they come up with (bought both of my current amps used) while there is this sort of insanity.

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #1,628 of 1,964
Just curious, has anyone received any product from Singlepower recently? This is the first week in April so it is now 14 months since I sent him my MPX3 SE Vcap Amp. It blew a tube while tube rolling. He repaired the tube socket, then we talked about an outboard power supply. This was in Feb 08. I told him if it was going to take it into the summer, I didnt want it done. He said no problem it would be a quick turn around, so I said OK. I have nothing but lies and bogus info since then. I will try and make this short and sweet for now. About 3 weeks ago he said that I was his #1 priority for the week and it should be shipped on Fri. He said that he will phone me on Weds with more info. Of course there was no call no info and no Amp. I E-Mailed him and said that it was time to discuss a refund. I even gave him close to a 50% discount. He has $4,550.00 of mine. I told him I would settle for $2500.00, keep the Amp and I will forget this whole thing. He never will acknowledge the refund offer. He just says he gives estimates, works as hard as he can to give me the best Amp and that he will ship me the Amp. I wrote back and said, You Give Estimates? You promised me a quick turnaround, it is now over 14 months. What do you consider a quick turnaround, 2 YEARS? Would you believe that his answer was " you are my #1 priorty" there is a blizzard here today ( there was, I checked) there is no mail going out today but I will try for tomorrow. What the hell does that mean? Is he going to ship my Amp in the mail or is he sending me a letter. It went down hill after that. I told him I dont believe anything he says and that a man is only as good as his words. I guess if he has to tell the truth, he is speechless. There is a lot more to the story than this, but I think this will suffice for now.

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #1,629 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldfogey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I told him I dont believe anything he says and that a man is only as good as his words. I guess if he has to tell the truth, he is speechless. There is a lot more to the story than this, but I think this will suffice for now.

I'd say a man is only as good as his actions, as they tend to speak far more loudly than mere words. By that measure Mikhail is an abject failure.

I hope you and others get some manner of satisfaction - usable product, refunds, some sort of settlement. Good luck.

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #1,630 of 1,964
Quote:

You promised me a quick turnaround, it is now over 14 months. What do you consider a quick turnaround, 2 YEARS?

Well considering I got an email last week saying "I'll try to have most of it complete next week. I'll send some pictures as well early in the week. Let's talk Monday" and I've called him every day this week, but no answer or reply, along with the fact he's had my amp since November 2006, I don't expect you will see your amp any time soon, if ever.

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #1,631 of 1,964
Mayhaps it is time for an UPDATED list of folks to come forward with what is owed by SP, and how much? While some issues have been resolved, more seem to come to light. And, since the inception of this thread, things seem, more or less, the same, except those who step up seem to have a somewhat better chance of getting resolution.

To think this thread is 9 months in the making is the saddest part of all.

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #1,632 of 1,964
Quote:

Mayhaps it is time for an UPDATED list of folks to come forward with what is owed by SP, and how much? While some issues have been resolved, more seem to come to light.

Well, I'll update it from my end. Mikhail has my Supra, which already had several upgrades, and $1000. The money was to allow me to run an Extreme output (6as7) along with 6bl7/6bx7 output tubes. He's since acknowledged that doing this was more complicated than planned and we've decided to simplify the project. However, it still hasn't produced any results.

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #1,633 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mayhaps it is time for an UPDATED list of folks to come forward with what is owed by SP, and how much? While some issues have been resolved, more seem to come to light. And, since the inception of this thread, things seem, more or less, the same, except those who step up seem to have a somewhat better chance of getting resolution.

To think this thread is 9 months in the making is the saddest part of all.

Guys, I'm going to start a new thread. Wait for it, and then post your cases in there (again, in some cases). It will be a heavily moderated thread, in that I will only allow posts for outstanding cases and actual customer experiences regarding what looks to me like an unfortunate situation overall. Beyond my first post in that thread, there will be no commentary allowed in that thread from those who are not actual customers who are directly dealing with--or have dealt with--Singlepower regarding these matters.

Again, this looks to me like it could be a very unfortunate situation for some customers, and I'd be uncomfortable seeing new cases develop with what seem to be quite a number of outstanding, unresolved cases already in the queue. (From what I've read, it does appear Singlepower is still accepting new orders.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back