Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Mar 20, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #1,592 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own 2 SP amps.... It saddens me how Single Power and Mikhail could go down hill and treat his customers so bad. Makes me wonder if Mikhail sold his business to another person? I was lucky and treated better then most it seems. i hope i never have any issues with my amps.

Be curious if you ever opened up your amp to see if you got what you paid for, or just too afraid as you believe it to sound better than anything you have ever heard, blah blah tape recorded response.

Also the burnt boards, this is not the first I've seen. Mikhail's ES-1 also have burned boards, serious design flaws.

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #1,593 of 1,964
WOW. This truly does get worse and worse. That is really, really awful.

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #1,594 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be curious if you ever opened up your amp to see if you got what you paid for, or just too afraid as you believe it to sound better than anything you have ever heard, blah blah tape recorded response.

So if he opened them up and they looked like they were supposed to, would it be only then that he knew they sounded good or were the best he ever heard?
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:58 AM Post #1,595 of 1,964
mbd2884;5535755 said:
QUOTE]

Can you just go away...please!

Let me explain, you are not contributing anything in a constructive manner and openly mock people. This attitude is not going to help people who have been blatantly ripped off by Mikhail. People own Mikhail's amps, but their purchase (either new or used) was not part of an elaborate conspiracy by these individuals to defraud other (potential) Singlepower owners. And if these Singlepower owners enjoy their amps why not let them enjoy them because their enjoyment or lackthereof again is not going to help the other individuals in question.

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #1,597 of 1,964
Whoever has the money to buy $15,000 amps and such should put their considerable earning potential towards putting this guy in the slammer. If you do it successfully, I think every headfier would chip in $20.

I mean, stealing carbon fiber feet? That's like fifth grade crap.

Nobody should be sending in their stuff to Mikhail, never again, Drew from Moon supposedly has a good guy that can fix these. Sending him anything of yours is like giving an injured mouse to your cat to try and heal. He's either going to take it to keep for himself if it isn't too broken and cut you off, or mail it back after charging you.

What, exactly, was he going to do for $1250? Isn't it covered under warranty? If there was ever a problem with my Rockhopper M3, and I called up Stephen and he said "Sure I'll fix it...for $500" I'd die laughing. Good builders like him are so different from Mikhail.

It's really time for some people to take a road trip down there and talk to him in person. Especially those with $2000 or more stolen.

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #1,598 of 1,964
I would contribute monetarily to some sort of defence fund (or lynch mob
wink.gif
).

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #1,599 of 1,964
Yep, we just need to start a fund, with the right amount of money, Singlepower can be put into the ground. So many headfiers have been completely robbed and sold crap. It's like 10-100 headfiers have had their cars stolen or houses badly damaged beyond repair, or something - you guys are like audio flood victims. A community like Head-fi should step up and have a fundraiser to hire the legal help needed to shut this guy down. And we need a thread for all the robbed people to communicate their exact, up to date situation with the legal help. I think there's such a thread in progress, but yeah just need a complete listing of how much everyone has lost, or who has been sold non working amps, or who has had their stuff stolen.

Mar 20, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #1,600 of 1,964
mrarroyo posted a picture of his MPX3 where his board is also burning. This after Mikhail did over $3000 worth of upgrades.

Also pointing out design flaw is not trolling for those who are whining.

Untitled-1-2.jpg

mrarroyo%20posted%20a%20picture%20of%20his%20MPX3%20where%20his%20board%20is%20also%20burning.%20This%20after%20Mikhail%20did%20over%20$3000%20worth%20of%20upgrades.%20This%20shameful%20workmanship%20has%20been%20going%20on%20for%20some%20time%20obviously.%20$3000%20in%20just%20upgrades,%20and%20board%20burning,%20WTF

Mar 20, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #1,601 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, we just need to start a fund, with the right amount of money, Singlepower can be put into the ground. So many headfiers have been completely robbed and sold crap. It's like 10-100 headfiers have had their cars stolen or houses badly damaged beyond repair, or something - you guys are like audio flood victims. A community like Head-fi should step up and have a fundraiser to hire the legal help needed to shut this guy down. And we need a thread for all the robbed people to communicate their exact, up to date situation with the legal help. I think there's such a thread in progress, but yeah just need a complete listing of how much everyone has lost, or who has been sold non working amps, or who has had their stuff stolen.

Sign me up. I'll give $50 just to see that vermin squirm. Somebody with organizational skills (ie, not me
biggrin.gif
) get this together!

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #1,602 of 1,964
I suggested an investigative reporter from a local news station (Aurora or Denver) in another SP thread.

At the very least it's worth a try.

Peete.

Mar 20, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #1,603 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggested an investigative reporter from a local news station (Aurora or Denver) in another SP thread.

At the very least it's worth a try.

Peete.

You mean Tom Martino? I think he has gone national, but he is/was very entertaining. I am not sure deformed circuit boards and broken promises will resonate as well with his audience as leaky roofs and crumbling foundations, but it's worth a try. When I watched his show in the Boulder area in the 1990s, he was very factual and very hard hitting, but i hear that financial success has spoiled both him and Dr. Phil.

Mar 20, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #1,604 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean Tom Martino? I think he has gone national, but he is/was very entertaining. I am not sure deformed circuit boards and broken promises will resonate as well with his audience as leaky roofs and crumbling foundations, but it's worth a try. When I watched his show in the Boulder area in the 1990s, he was very factual and very hard hitting, but i hear that financial success has spoiled both him and Dr. Phil.

Yeah that's the guy. It's worth a try ...who knows he might be very interested in such a story. The amount of money involved isn't trivial or small potatoes by any means.

Peete.

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #1,605 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sign me up. I'll give $50 just to see that vermin squirm. Somebody with organizational skills (ie, not me
biggrin.gif
) get this together!

I just hope Mikhail doesn't trick us all and step up to the plate and collect money for a lawsuit against himself then bolt with the money :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back