Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Jun 11, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #1,651 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyleo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad you were able to get your money. I would urge all head-fi members to use their credit cards for purchases from small suppliers rather than Paypal even if you pay a little more for the privilege. I've worked in the credit card industry for many years. In order to for a supplier to accept visa/mastercard they have to agree to abide by the governing rules. These rules may vary from country to country. In the U.S. if a consumer disputes a charge the supplier has 30 days to respond as to why the charge shouldn't be reversed. If they fail to respond within those 30 days the consumer is immediately refunded the amount in dispute.

If they do respond within 30 days, the credit card company will forward to you the response and ask you for rebuttal. Your rebuttal will then be communicated to the supplier and again they have 30 days to respond. At that point the card provider will determine the facts and make a decesion. It's really rare that they would decide in favor of the supplier if the consumer has made any type of case at all.

That is all true except via EBay, where Paypal provides buyer protection. I have filed a dispute before with Paypal on an EBay item and been given a refund. But outside of EBay, Credit Cards are safer.

Jun 11, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #1,652 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by jigster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After waiting more than a year and half, he comes back to me with a picture of "my" ES-1 and says I need to pay him another $2K+. My order was for an ES-1 with preamp capabilities, balanced and unbalanced inputs and outputs, 2 Stax Jacks and a HE90 Jack and a switch to switch between earspeakers and preamp duties. The picture he sent me was of a regular ES-1 with 1 set of RCAs and 1 set of Balanced connectors, 1 Stax jack and 1 HE90 jack. When I pointed these differences to him, he still insisted that this was it. He told me that the rcas were the outputs (preamp), which means that the only input was the balanced ones. can someone please tell me if this looks like what its supposed to be??

I would says that is Mikhail being full of crap as usual but I would need to see pictures of the attenuators and where the input signal is connected to the PCB. It is certainly possible to take the + output of the attenuators (which normally go to the PCB) and feed it to the RCA's at the back. I would assume though that you ordered a proper preamp and not some passive hack of a job? A 100$ unit ebay will do the same for you...

Jun 11, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #1,653 of 1,964
Jigster, do you think he is lying to everyone else and just decided to be nice and not try and steel from you because you are special? Others have demanded to have the product in-hand before payment. If you do not do the same, then you will be another victim, more so than you already are.

BTW: Is that PCB supposed to be missing so many components?

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #1,654 of 1,964
Did you notice the date on the board? It is stamped Aug 2006, how likely is it that he has had a board in stock since 2006 to be used on an amp built in 2009? I say run away and stick to what you asked for, do not pay any additional monies over the agreed price.

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #1,655 of 1,964
^ Looks like the amp is painted with a spray can.

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #1,656 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you notice the date on the board? It is stamped Aug 2006, how likely is it that he has had a board in stock since 2006 to be used on an amp built in 2009? I say run away and stick to what you asked for, do not pay any additional monies over the agreed price.

He took pics of the amp 10 days ago. (if he didn't change the EXIF data)

3618457112_86d985e5b3_o.png

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #1,657 of 1,964
It could be an amp that someone else returned... doesn't he have a history of doing this?

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #1,658 of 1,964
Do not trust this man.........I sent his ebay account numerous emails and I get emails back saying Mikhail sold his ebay business to someone else and not to contact them again or I will be reported for spamming. Meanwhile ....... I'm pretty sure someone else has my amp right now. When I received my amp it was broke AND it did not come with all the specifications I made either. Do not pay this fraud anymore money.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #1,660 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do not trust this man.........I sent his ebay account numerous emails and I get emails back saying Mikhail sold his ebay business to someone else and not to contact them again or I will be reported for spamming. Meanwhile ....... I'm pretty sure someone else has my amp right now. When I received my amp it was broke AND it did not come with all the specifications I made either. Do not pay this fraud anymore money.

I would send ebay an email about that response. For all you know, the purchaser inherited the liabilities.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #1,661 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by h.rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He took pics of the amp 10 days ago. (if he didn't change the EXIF data)

3618457112_86d985e5b3_o.png

Rock On Team Detective-Fi!

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #1,662 of 1,964
I can't believe that he's still pulling that crap using the same connectors for two different umbilical cords. Unbelievable and so dangerous it isn't even funny.

Jun 12, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #1,663 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I send emails everyday to his supra_buyer tube adds and dont get any reply through ebay but from his singlepower address. I doubt very much he sold the tube deal. If so I would have had many compliants by now. None of the emails have anything to do with his tube sales. I think we should continue to send messages through those adds. At least you know he has to open them.

Jun 12, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #1,664 of 1,964
Why does all of his work have burn marks on them? Is he dumb? Looks where the tube should go all around his soldering work it's burned. If it's burning already, for a tube amp, I cannot imagine that would be a good thing. I mean Moonboy just posted his SP Amp died on him, maybe something burned on his amp also.

Comparing to these pictures, you ES1 doesn't look much different. Where is the balanced output? The Pre-Amp switch?
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/m...arning-260752/

ES1-2.jpg

Jun 12, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #1,665 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's not the production code on the PCB but something which the designer of the PCB put there. The production ID code is normally on the edge of the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back