Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Nov 25, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #1,951 of 1,964
  I still have the following and love them as much as the day i got them:

MPX3-SLAM: HD/650's never leave this amp.
PPX3-6SN7: Jensen PIO capacitor upgrade, Power Supply Upgrade. (I ordered this amp directly from SP. HD595/120's never leave it.

Makes me sad that Mihail screwed up so bad and screwed so many people over.  I can say that I will never get rid of my 2 amps.  So glad (knock on wood) that mine have worked perfectly. 

PLEASE PLEASE open them up and take photos. They might be working perfectly right now but unless you know what's inside, you don't know what'll happen tomorrow.

Please, open it from the bottom without power attached and take photos. Lots of us on the DIY forum would quickly look it over for you. The danger is SO STRONG that I can't in good faith tell you not to worry. I must say you MUST look inside.

My personal MPX3 that I bought was over-voltage on some caps and if anything shorted out the main PSU caps would explode. Not a little "little burned up amplifier" but a fireball 1m diameter.

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #1,953 of 1,964
I owned a MPX-3 version (I forget which one).  It was a fantastic amplifier.  The diodes in the power supply were not undersized.  The power supply was properly built to meet voltage and current requirements. (It was a non-spec, dual voltage unit).  I did put bleeder resistors on the PS caps and disabled the high plate voltage switch, which was not rated correctly for high plate voltage octal tubes.  However, I never liked these tubes anyway. My go to set-up was a 5965 driver and 6SN7GT output tubes.  It never missed a beat.  I sold it to make room for MY DNA Stratus amplifier.  All-in-all, the MPX3 was his most reliable amp.

Mikhail now runs an EBAY tube store.  I think it's called Supra-lover, or something like that.  The Supra amp was an electrical hazard, as i recall.

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #1,954 of 1,964
Wow.. this thread is still going.  Brings backs lots of memories for me.  I had LOTS of dealings with Mikhail over the 'heyday' period of this thread... usually ending in further frustration.

I haven't been an active member here for years... odd that this thread of all threads brings back nostalgia. 

Neil

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #1,955 of 1,964
Ah "memories"

this is a strange strange form of nostalgia.

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #1,956 of 1,964
  Wow.. this thread is still going.  Brings backs lots of memories for me.  I had LOTS of dealings with Mikhail over the 'heyday' period of this thread... usually ending in further frustration.

I haven't been an active member here for years... odd that this thread of all threads brings back nostalgia. 

Neil

Hope you check around for fun stuff 'cause yeah, this thread is what you expect.

Ah "memories"

this is a strange strange form of nostalgia.

Yep, now go read the other threads!

I owned a MPX-3 version (I forget which one).  It was a fantastic amplifier.  The diodes in the power supply were not undersized.  The power supply was properly built to meet voltage and current requirements. (It was a non-spec, dual voltage unit).  I did put bleeder resistors on the PS caps and disabled the high plate voltage switch, which was not rated correctly for high plate voltage octal tubes.  However, I never liked these tubes anyway. My go to set-up was a 5965 driver and 6SN7GT output tubes.  It never missed a beat.  I sold it to make room for MY DNA Stratus amplifier.  All-in-all, the MPX3 was his most reliable amp.

Mikhail now runs an EBAY tube store.  I think it's called Supra-lover, or something like that.  The Supra amp was an electrical hazard, as i recall.

"Supralover" is gone off eBay.

Sep 25, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #1,962 of 1,964
Sorry for necroposting but just genuinely curious, it’s been 10 years since Mikhail’s disappearance. What’s the current status of the situation? Has he been caught and brought to justice, or does he still remain at large? Does anyone know?

May 22, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #1,963 of 1,964
Sorry for necroposting but just genuinely curious, it’s been 10 years since Mikhail’s disappearance. What’s the current status of the situation? Has he been caught and brought to justice, or does he still remain at large? Does anyone know?
Anybody still out there?
I just purchased a PPX3 slam and I am really enjoying it. Love the texture adjustment, The insides of my amp looks good. It is an earlier one, apparently.

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #1,964 of 1,964
I, too, would love to know what happened to him. I lost a Melos in his hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back