Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Oct 20, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #1,831 of 1,964
I am with Elmoe. 
My 2004 MPX, which has had problems and luckily came back from Denver, is still working fine and every morning I wish it survives another day.
So far so good - and there is a shop I can run to about a mile and half away from me
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #1,832 of 1,964
What a thread.

Really eye opening at different levels. I am more surprised at what people were willing to put up with rather than the existence of this one unscrupulous individual.  To top it off, it seems that the equipment wasn't even that well put together and required frequent repairs. 

I am glad to hear that some of you were able to get your money back. In my experience, American Express are the best with respect to disputes and charge backs in terms of resolution in favor of the purchaser.

Jack

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #1,834 of 1,964
And all of us who own SP amps today have lost something, because these amps used are basically worthless 
mad.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #1,837 of 1,964

Quote:
And all of us who own SP amps today have lost something, because these amps used are basically worthless 
mad.gif

I hear you. I don't even want to know the resale value of my MPX.
But for now I am happy as long as it is working - and will see what it will take if it stops working :p

(and I finally ran into a Syl W. tall bottle that is not noisy.)

Oct 21, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #1,838 of 1,964

Quote:
Yep!

Spending to correct them is a waste on the used market so don't think you can get repair costs back.

Thanks Mikhail & Earl.

What Earl has to do with Mikhail?  If I'm not mistaken Earl got burn just like everybody else. 

I'm glad my amp got check out good and only number bleeder resistors were installed to make the amp safer.  I got lucked out because my SDS was purchased in the day where quality & sound were important to Single Power audio.  My amp probably has over 10,000 hours with couple of repair done - both times were replacing diodes which didn't cost me much.  Still I am still a bit reluctant to plug in my precious headphones into the socket as I'm a afraid that something else inside the amp may start to go wrong (hopefully not).

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #1,842 of 1,964
i inquired about a single power amp once. mikhail immediately pushed for one of the more expensive models with all possible upgrades as my best option. fortunately, i decided to not go in that direction.

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #1,844 of 1,964
I just got off the phone with paypal for the zillionth time.

They are unwilling to help, but they continue to support Mikhail Rotenberg on eBay.

At this point I am filing a Class Action Lawsuit.

If you used paypal to be robbed by Mikhail Rotenberg please email me at

Liszt_Sonata_in_b_minor@yahoo.com

Please note this offer is only extended to those who were flat out robbed by Single Power, this does not include those who currently own a defective Single Power.  You had to have used paypal for these payments.

I am looking to file a class-action lawsuit with a legal team.

-Thank you.

NOTE: do not PM me on head-fi.  Use my email address for this.

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #1,845 of 1,964

Users who are viewing this thread

Back