Where is cheapest place to buy Beyers? DT770-880
Feb 9, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 14
I think this would depend quite a bit on where you're having them shipped. Where are you located?

Feb 9, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyPythizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Preferably somewhere that takes PayPal, reputable, and option for Buy it Now (if it applies).

Looking for some nice Byers, I prefer new, but used from someone who cares for Byers!!

If you're doing different sorts of searches for these, then I should point out that the correct spelling is "beyerdynamic." I wouldn't have mentioned this except that it's misspelled both in the title of this thread and in your original post (the first "e" is missing). Hopefully this will help you come up with more search results.

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're doing different sorts of searches for these, then I should point out that the correct spelling is "beyerdynamic." I wouldn't have mentioned this except that it's misspelled both in the title of this thread and in your original post (the first "e" is missing). Hopefully this will help you come up with more search results.

You'll should search by beyer* to cover both nicknames and full names of that headphone.

The cheapest price that I saw was the FS forum here for about $125 mint.

Feb 9, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 14
you want cheap or do you want guarantees and warranties?? If you want guarantees and warranties, goto Headroom, Todd the Vinyl Junkie, etc. All carry the manufacturer's guarantee. If you want cheap, no guarantee, ebay or the F/S forums.

Personally, Id take brand new from manufacturer complete with warranty. Sometimes cheap isn't always the answer.

Feb 9, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #10 of 14
I have a pair of DT770 Pro 80ohm. $130 shipped, not one scratch on it, brand spanking new pads. Box is a little wrinkled but it's just the box
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you want cheap or do you want guarantees and warranties?? If you want guarantees and warranties, goto Headroom, Todd the Vinyl Junkie, etc. All carry the manufacturer's guarantee. If you want cheap, no guarantee, ebay or the F/S forums.

Personally, Id take brand new from manufacturer complete with warranty. Sometimes cheap isn't always the answer.

I'm also considering a pair of these, trying to decide if it's worth the extra $50 to get them from an established dealer versus eBay. Neither TTVJ nor Headroom seems to carry the DT770 Pro/80. The only places I've found them online are musician-oriented sites like Guitar Center, etc., where the going price seems to be about $199.

Feb 10, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #13 of 14
Untimately, the cheapest would be from Larry/Headphile - as you WILL end up having them turned into Darthbeyers
smily_headphones1.gif
..........otherwise dicker with Guitar center, or a couple of eBay vendors.
Traditionally, that is how it has worked the last 4-5 years
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Untimately, the cheapest would be from Larry/Headphile - as you WILL end up having them turned into Darthbeyers
smily_headphones1.gif
..........otherwise dicker with Guitar center, or a couple of eBay vendors.
Traditionally, that is how it has worked the last 4-5 years
smily_headphones1.gif

I actually like the look of the 770s by themselves, the 880s would look great "Larry'ed" ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back