Where in online you buy your CDs and DVDs?
Aug 18, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #20 of 45
I mostly use eBay and Stonerrock.com, but I'm known to frequent a lot of obscure black metal distros, along with the distribution parts of certain labels if I'm after specific titles by rarer artists. I work in the music store that arguably has the best selection in Canada, so I can get most music easily and cheaply.

Aug 18, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #22 of 45
In no particular order...

amazon.com
amazon.co.jp
ebay.com
deepdiscount.com
lala.com
cdbaby.com
head-fi.org
cdjapan.co.jp

Deep Discount (DVD / CD) is the best for cheap impulse buys, since you don't really have to "plan" an order due to the low prices and free shipping. I usually buy a bunch of DVDs during their semiannual 20% off sale, too.

Aug 18, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #24 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I work in the music store that arguably has the best selection in Canada, so I can get most music easily and cheaply.

What store is that? Where I live no store has a good selection. My choices are A&B Sound, HMV, Futureshop, and London Drugs. London Drugs has the worst selection of any store I have ever been to.

Aug 19, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #25 of 45
dvdpacific.com (strange that no one mentioned this one, dirt cheap)
rightstuf.com (when they have those nice promo's "25 dvds for 100$")
deepdiscount.com
ebay
bol.com (europe)
mediadis.com (europe)

Aug 23, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #27 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by MdRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My experience with CDUniverse.com has been nothing but pleasant, secondspin is nice but limited and slower in intl shipping, Amazon (not resellers) is usually nmore expensive than CDuniverse

CDUniverse has great customer service and shipping times, except that they ship in cheap envelopes that do not protect jewel cases very well. 50% of the time my jewel cases come cracked and I have to ask them to ship some.

Now, I've been using Amazon exclusively.

Aug 24, 2007 at 12:16 PM Post #28 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About 90% of my cd's come from Amazon resellers. I buy a lot of used stuff in "excellent" condition. It's so much cheaper, 30% to 80%, to buy used.

I've looked into that, and the resellers charge shipping on any amount, whereas Amazon ships free above a $25 purchase. Usually works out to be a wash.

See ya,
Bob

Aug 24, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #29 of 45
Dustygroove.com

For Funk, Africa-Funk, Deep Funk, Hip-Hop (new and old school), Wold Music,
Cuban, Jazz, their is a very big selection.

They carry CDs, LPs and 7 inches.
And they have quite a powerfull search engine within their selections.

I bought from them often and they have a reliable checkout and shipping system.

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #30 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CDUniverse has great customer service and shipping times, except that they ship in cheap envelopes that do not protect jewel cases very well. 50% of the time my jewel cases come cracked and I have to ask them to ship some.

Now, I've been using Amazon exclusively.

Another vote for CDUniverse. Mostly into classic rock/pop, and CDUniverse always has the most complete listing of domestic and import versions of a title - at all price ranges. My caveat is that they ship UPS; I can't get them to ship USPS although I've tried numerous times, and with UPS I have to play the we-have-your-package-and-you-can't-have-it game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back