Where in online you buy your CDs and DVDs?
Sep 9, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #31 of 45
amazon prime. I have used yourmusic, but pretty much got everything of interest they offered. They raised their rate, kept the slower-than-snails shipping and have weak updates to their catalog, imo.

Once you fork over the cash for prime, life gets so much better. Everything is defaulted to 2 day shipping, but you can get overnight for like 4 bucks. I bought some cds late at night and had them in my hand by lunch the next day.

Sep 9, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by fredman22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another vote for CDUniverse. Mostly into classic rock/pop, and CDUniverse always has the most complete listing of domestic and import versions of a title - at all price ranges. My caveat is that they ship UPS; I can't get them to ship USPS although I've tried numerous times, and with UPS I have to play the we-have-your-package-and-you-can't-have-it game.

That's weird, they always ship USPS for me.

Oct 7, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #33 of 45
ebay.

Oct 7, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by S/PDIF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
amazon prime. I have used yourmusic, but pretty much got everything of interest they offered. They raised their rate, kept the slower-than-snails shipping and have weak updates to their catalog, imo.

Once you fork over the cash for prime, life gets so much better. Everything is defaulted to 2 day shipping, but you can get overnight for like 4 bucks. I bought some cds late at night and had them in my hand by lunch the next day.

x2 Its already paid for itself

Oct 13, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #37 of 45
Mostly from wherever they have them :)

Usually though Google search might help, or directly from labels (Neurot, Hydra Head, etc.) or EBay (there're some great deals there sometimes, Final - "2" for $2 which became $12 with delivery and commissions...).

Oct 13, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phraxos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
second spin

secondhand but guaranteed

Second Spin is also having a 25% off all CDs sale right now. They have nice prices but rarely carry the music I am looking for. There's a lot of mainstream stuff if you are interested.

For new CDs I mostly buy from amazon.com for English CDs and yesasia.com for Asian language CDs. I'm also thinking of giving tower.com a try since their prices are slightly lower than amazon.com, anyone have any experience?

Oct 15, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #40 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to go to amazon until I found arkivmusic.

Wow, thats the best place for classical I seen so far. Thanks!

Oct 15, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #41 of 45
Which of these is as cheap as SecondSpin? on SecondSpin I can get mint to excellent condition CDs for 4.99 -> 8.99 each. Only problem is (as mentioned) their selection is sparse. I'm looking for Metal, Prog and Experimental genres/artists and they only carry a few.

I've found that on Amazon (resellers or no), after shipping you still pay about 12->13$ per CD. screw that! too expensive.

In my mind, a CD should not be more than 10.00$ USD, this is AFTER shipping, tax, etc.

EDIT: Unless we are talking Enhanced CD, or CD+DVD bundled, or a Multi-Disc set of course
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #42 of 45
Goner Records
Crypt Records
Midheaven Mailorder
Contaminated Mailorder
Amazon

... are my main sources, otherwise wherever I can manage to find what I'm looking for. Although I try to avoid places that try to screw me on shipping.

Oct 16, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #43 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by servoled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although I try to avoid places that try to screw me on shipping.

Yeah, exactly. If you aren't careful it will become a full-on Shipping GangR*pe
eek.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #44 of 45
I'm surprised that no one mentioned BMG. In the last 2 months I have bought 19 (new) CDs (Jazz, Classical & World beat) for $93 total including tax & S/H (just checked my latest invoice). Of course timing is key, I hit a sale (e.g. 4 cd Jimmy Smith: Retropective for $24, Cassandra Wilson: New Moon Daughter $1.99). Anyway, overall it came to $4.89 per cd, average.

For the eclectic, I'm off to Amoeba in Berkeley ($7 to $15).
They've also got $150 old/new vinyl, I'm not there yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back