Where do you store your vinyl collection?
Jul 15, 2009 at 6:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

ss64

New Head-Fier
Thinking about purchasing a wooden crate from this site.
LP Record Storage Cases

But because im a cheap person , i have them up in a bookshelf.
Once i start expanding the collection, ill have to think of something.

So what do you do for your vinyls?

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 22
In a big open box under my desk. Not the best, but it works.

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #4 of 22
I use the IKEA Expedite bookcase. It fits LPs perfectly!

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Donald North /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the IKEA Expedite bookcase. It fits LPs perfectly!

I use this as well, after many recommendations.
smily_headphones1.gif
And I'm happy with it. Seems a bit empty right now, but I'm working on that!
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #8 of 22
I went to The Container Store to pick up a couple milk crates but ended up finding their "supreme crate". It said they were perfect for LPs, so I just had to pick up two of them. They've worked pretty well so far.

SupremeCrateBlack_l.jpg

Jul 15, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #10 of 22
In the same quite robust Ikea shelf with the turntable on top, but i have run out of space and i'll need to find a solution which is not to stop buying records...

Jul 17, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #12 of 22
esco;5849153 said:
I went to The Container Store to pick up a couple milk crates but ended up finding their "supreme crate". It said they were perfect for LPs, so I just had to pick up two of them. They've worked pretty well so far.

that's exactly what i have but mine are smaller so they stick out on the top... so when i fill my box up i'm gonna have to find something better. good thread, i'm glad i stumbled on it.

Jul 18, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #13 of 22
I use a set of wall-covering modular shelves I picked up at an estate sale, which the former owner used to store his extensive collection of LPs and Laser Discs. They are home-made, the fronts are finished, and the removable vertical dividers are made of expensive Plexiglas. Books take up most of the 34 linear feet of shelf space, and that's just some of my books. My LP collection has shrunk somewhat over the years, books keep piling up.

Jul 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #15 of 22
Me too. Below is a three-shelf rack with a 2-shelf unit stacked on top of it. I have two of these rack setups full and more vinyl in a bookshelf in the basement.

Vinyl_Rack1.jpg

--Jerome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back