Where do you store headphones, amp & DAC for your office setup?
May 2, 2011 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bgupton

New Head-Fier
I work in an office with an open floor plan.  I have a big desk with sufficient room for an amp and DAC.  I also have a lockable filing cabinet, but using it for nightly storage of an amp/DAC will be a small pain.  I was thinking about getting some sort of shelving unit that I could just keep the amp and DAC in all the time.  It would need to be lockable of course.  Any suggestions?

May 3, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 6
My set up is different, in that I have a cube, and my DAC and amp are stacked on my PC which is under my desk, moderately out of view.  But to be honest, the stacks of CDs would draw the attention of any would-be thief long before my headphone gear. 
smile_phones.gif

(I do keep my headphones themselves in an unlocked desk drawer at night though.  But it would be easy to follow the cord if someone really wanted to steal them.)

Anyway, one thought I've had to try and defer any potential thieves, is to buy a cheap webcam, and just place that within view of my desk/opening to my cube.  Would have to have a red light to show that it's operational.  Might be enough to to warn off any "bad people" ...

May 4, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 6
Dac/AMP are sitting on my desk next to the right monitor.  Headphones go into an unlocked drawer, cord unplugged.  Looking around my office it'd be an interesting thief if they decided to take an unknown stack of audio equipment and some funny old looking headphones before stealing the monitors, high end workstations, test gear, laptops, etc. from around :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back