Where do you get YOUR music?
Jul 8, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #31 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by congqin
Like someone said yourmusic.com is a really great place to look at. I had experience of it, but just too long to waiting for their shipping.

How long does it usually take?

Jul 8, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #32 of 67
I second Acoustic Sounds for new LP's.

I've had good luck with Earthwave Records for used LP's. Our local used music shop has good selection on CD's, but nothing except junk LP's.

Need to try TTVJ sometime. I've heard nothing but good about his business.

Jul 8, 2005 at 6:31 AM Post #33 of 67
Well, just made my first album purchase in years. I bought 6 albums, most of which I haven't tried yet. However, I'm extremely satisfied with the ones I have listened to. I'll definately be purchasing hard copies of them!

I especially like Coldplay X&Y (which I thought I wouldn't like) and Relient K.

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:37 AM Post #34 of 67
Most popular music I just walk down to my local Barnes & Noble and buy, or order from Amazon. I recently ordered some electronica (Hallucinogen - In Dub and Shpongle - Nothing Lasts) from Psyshop, and am quite pleased with their service.

As for purchasing downloadable music online, I recently signed up at eMusic. They have a pretty good selection of smaller labels (including a lot of electronica), and have excellent prices ($10/month for 40 tracks). Their downloads are in non-protected MP3 (usually encoded with LAME at --alt-preset standard, so quality is pretty good). I'm very pleased with them.

Jul 8, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #36 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiode
How long does it usually take?

At least two weeks for me. I have no idea why they take these long. But it's worth for the price point
icon10.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #37 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Of course, there ie eBay, half.com, amazon, deepdiscountcd, and a bunch more.

With the exception of amazon, you listed all of my primary sources for CD purchases. Because I live in Washington state, Amazon charges sales tax so I try to avoid Amazon.

For a family guy like me with two little kids, online shopping is the way to go. I'd love to browse through the local shops but I just don't have the time. Not lately, but in the past, I've used P2P to demo songs.

EDIT: wow, how come I never heard of yourmusic.com before? I used to be a member fo BMG. This looks awesome.

Jul 9, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #38 of 67
How is BMG music? Does that 12 CD's for the price of 1 work?

Jul 9, 2005 at 3:49 PM Post #40 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Paolo-
Does yourmusic.com ship to Canada?
Are there any clubs that ship to Canada with a good price?

I don't know if they ship there or not. But if do, I'm sure it's not free.

Jul 10, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #41 of 67
My last shipment from amazon.com arrived when I expected it to, but two of the CD jewel cases were cracked. I contacted them via their customer service email, and within a couple of hours they responded:
Quote:

Thanks for contacting us at Amazon.com.

I am sorry to hear about the problem you experienced with your
shipment. I have placed a new order for the item. There is no
charge for this replacement.

Here are the details of the new order:

Order Number : Order(#
Shipping Speed : Two-day shipping
Estimated Delivery Date: July 18, - July 20, 2005

Jul 10, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #42 of 67
It's always great to hear of or experience great customer service such as that.
k1000smile.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 1:37 PM Post #43 of 67
Jul 12, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #44 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiode
How is BMG music? Does that 12 CD's for the price of 1 work?

What do you mean?

I don't know what kind of deal is being offered at the moment, but if you sign up, yes, they will send you all the CDs that you indicate for the price of 1. Usually, you have to buy a few more CDs for regular price within a year or two.

I quit my membership long ago because I got tired of having to reply to their monthly selection mail form. If you don't reply, you would receive that month's CD selection automatically. Of course, you had the option of returning the CD on the club's dime but it was a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back