Where do you get YOUR music?
Jul 7, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #16 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80
Amazon.com here, although they seemed to have slowed down a bit lately (but still get here 5-10 days before estimated)
rolleyes.gif

5-10 days BEFORE?!?! How many days does it take?

How does YourMusic.com work? Is there some sort of catch? I mean, that price, including free shipping, seems too good to be true compaired to other sites/stores. Is it new or used?

Jul 7, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #17 of 67
As much as I hate to admit, I've gone 20 cds without physical plastic. I've been using allofmp3.com. Let me tell you something, you see all that music... YOU WANT IT ALL... But it's a great way to get my music on the cheap, and their options for FLAC make their service a dang bargain.

Jul 7, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #18 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiode
5-10 days BEFORE?!?! How many days does it take?

Out of the last month:
One was estimated for 15 days and took 5
One was estimated for 20 days and took 6
One was estimated for 20 days and will take around 12

Jul 7, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #19 of 67
Morpheus P2P first to demo material. If its good stuff I go buy the CD from Amazon, ebay, fan club sites, or direct from the artist www site. I seldomly buy in brick / mortar unless its that good of a deal.

Garrett

Jul 8, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #21 of 67
Quote:

Couldn't you burn them onto CD's?
smily_headphones1.gif

You can, but the audio that you burn can only be as good as the source, which in this case is a compressed audio file. Unless the file is in a lossless format, there is going to be some amount of loss and it will probably never sound as good as the original CD.

Quote:

What software do you use to do the compression with?

This varies depending on what kind of compressed format you'd like to use. I personally still use LAME to encode MP3s, but I know there are a lot of other options out there these days.

Jul 8, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #22 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Here, here for www.yourmusic.com as suggested above by sedminusn. This is the perfect "first stop" place to visit when backfilling your collection.

Well it actually wasn't me that suggested this, but I wish I had. $5.99 is a great deal, pure and simple. For me, there is a price point at which I have to be willing to give up my independent record store and $5.99 shipped is it. Albeit, they do have a limited selection, but like you say this place should always be a "first stop." I'm sure I'll end up at the independent for anything that yourmusic.com doesn't have -- which is a lot -- but $5.99 is definitely worth the check before I make a purchase.

Jul 8, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #24 of 67
Wow guys, thanks for all the great suggestions! Keep em' coming!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 2:58 AM Post #26 of 67
The quality of an MP3 is not the same as a CD. It is by nature a compressed format which means a loss of quality. It's designed to be a compromise between quality and file size.

Jul 8, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #29 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Barnes and Noble online usually has decent prices if you have their discount card.

Actually, I think I do. I have a card for everything.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll have to check it out!

Jul 8, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #30 of 67
Have you guys check out this one http://www.berkshirerecordoutlet.com/
One of my friends tole me. It's really cheap, some cds or Lps only few dollars. But I think mostly are classical music. I haven't check out this web seriously.
Like someone said yourmusic.com is a really great place to look at. I had experience of it, but just too long to waiting for their shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back