where do you buy those glass mannequin(sp) heads?
May 9, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #2 of 11
There's always a couple on Ebay
I looked into this not too long ago, but decided against it because of potential stretching or flattening of earpads. I had a link to a good one, but lost it after reformatting, hopefully I can find it again...

May 9, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #4 of 11
how bout using a human skull?
evil_smiley.gif

well... perhaps it would be a better idea to use a replica, but I wonder if a skull would be wide enough to accomodate headphones without them easily slipping off.

May 9, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #5 of 11
This site used to have the green glass head but now all of a sudden they dont:

http://www.palaydisplay.com/t-productnotfound.aspx

I had it bookmarked cause i wanted to get one at some point but now i guess thats not happening. Just thought id post anyway just in case they decide to get them again

May 9, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #6 of 11
I got mine at Pier One several years ago.

May 9, 2006 at 11:50 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by deaconblues
how bout using a human skull?
evil_smiley.gif

well... perhaps it would be a better idea to use a replica, but I wonder if a skull would be wide enough to accomodate headphones without them easily slipping off.

That would be weird; pulling out a skull at like a meet.

May 9, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #8 of 11
I bought four of them at Pier One as well. Three or four years ago they carried them as regular stock and as I recall, they were only ten or twelve bucks a piece.

May 9, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #10 of 11
Keep looking on ebay, I got mine from searching "glass mannequin head". after a week or so of searching I found an auction for 2 glass heads: one green and one a dark blue. I got them for $8 (thats for both!) + $10 in shipping

May 9, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
How about one of the phrenology heads? Here's one for $30 BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phrenology-Head-...QQcmdZViewItem

I've always found phrenology very amusing... one of these would be perfect to put headphones on, wouldn't it?

Phrenology heads are cool, but here's top tip number 1. Make sure you get a full sized one, or this kind of embarrasing incident may arise.

headstand.jpg

How careless of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back