Where do you all buy your headphones?
Mar 13, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much do a pair of new K81DJ go for?

people here buy them ~$55-$60 shipped (as a good deal)

i have bought from amazon and the F/S forums here.

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get K81s for $57.00 including shipping from DJdeals if you havent used Google checkout before, $67 w/o the Google checkout discount.

Go on...

Mar 13, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #33 of 45
I'm probably one of the few here who prefers to get stuff brand new and support vendors over other Head-Fiers.
tongue.gif
I've acquired more than 75% of all the equipment I've owned directly from the vendors, be they independent outfits like Xin Feng, Little Dot, Signal Cable, or HeadAmp, or larger e-tailers like TTVJ, HeadRoom, B&H Photo Video, AudioCubes, PriceJapan, and Northern Sound & Light.

The FS/FT forums is always a standard recommendation because of the eminently good deals to be found, but personally I prefer giving my money to the vendors who make it all possible, because if it weren't for them, we wouldn't be here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Support our sponsors and our Members of the Trade!

Mar 13, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But they don't sell the phones I waaaaaant.
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #35 of 45
Quote:

I'm probably one of the few here who prefers to get stuff brand new and support vendors over other Head-Fiers.
tongue.gif
I've acquired more than 75% of all the equipment I've owned directly from the vendors, be they independent outfits like Xin Feng, Little Dot, Signal Cable, or HeadAmp, or larger e-tailers like TTVJ, HeadRoom, B&H Photo Video, AudioCubes, PriceJapan, and Northern Sound & Light.

The FS/FT forums is always a standard recommendation because of the eminently good deals to be found, but personally I prefer giving my money to the vendors who make it all possible, because if it weren't for them, we wouldn't be here.
smily_headphones1.gif

similar practice but different reason. I have so far bought almost all my Headphone gears new and online only. One Lavry DA-10 bought here from F/S forum. I am ok buying Amp, DAC's, cables, etc used, but don't feel too comfortable with headphones. I will only buy discontinued cans used, like SONY R10
mad.gif
eek.gif
rolleyes.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif

So far I've used pricegrabber, pricejapan with great success. Will use them more in the future, with a possible addition of froogle.

Mar 13, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metaphysical /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where can i get a pair of k701s? northern sound and light is still sold out right? any place with a price close to nsl's?

Yeah, I'm also quite curious about that. The best price I found is on ebay but it's around 340USD shipped to my country. Just found BNIB for 300USD shipped recently in FS but I couldn't afford it at that time.
frown.gif
Even now, I still have to save some money.

Mar 13, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #37 of 45
Quote:

tongue.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Good point. I bought two of my phones; the two sets of Alessandros new from Alessandro. My KSC75 were brand new still in the original plastic packaging nearly impossible to get into as part of a trade. And the HD600s, which were in beautiful like-new condition, by the way; were from a fellow Head-fier that is a mutual friend of some other of my aquaintences and the phones had some pretty important historical significance to me. Otherwise I would have bought them new from a Head-Fi sponsor.

One place where I do think that buying from another Head-Fier is a good idea is when there may be a significant question as to whether the item is going to be a permanent possession or not. I might try it used just to see if I like it or not, and then re-sell it if I don't. But, like most folks, I prefer to have new stuff too and I even prefer to buy from a local retailer if I can.

Mar 13, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by kanamin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm interested in buying a set of K81DJ's but the only places I can think of getting them are ebay and amazon
redface.gif
. This must sound like a n00b question (it is, plus, the veterans here MUST have tons of headphone buying experience
lambda.gif
since a lot say that this site is hard on their wallets). Where should I go? I've bought two pairs of Sennheisers from Newegg and I love them, but they have a VERY limited selection of AKGs.

Before I buy anything electronic new, I check the hot deals section of Fat Wallet and Slick Deals.

Mar 13, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #40 of 45
Of all the forums I frequent, the Headfi classifieds is undoubtedly the most honest & reliable I've come across. I've only had a few dealings myself, but just reading through feedback posts reveals just how well it all seems to run here. Amazing really, and long may it last.

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #41 of 45
Head-Fi F.S. pages, or eBay, or Beyerdynamic, or Headphile

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #42 of 45
STAX Lambda Pros - eBay.

Koss KSC-75 - Radio Shack.

Everything else - Head-fi.

Mar 13, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #43 of 45
Stax Omega II -> Local dealer
Stax Lambda Pro -> eBay
Stax SR-X/MK3's -> eBay & Head-Fi

Mar 13, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #44 of 45
K701 - Northern Sound & Light
KSC35 - Amazon
Everything else: Here

For those wondering about Northern Sound & Light... When I ordered the k701's at the end of the December, NS&L told me they were back ordered/out-of-stock and that I'd have to wait till mid-to-end January, but they arrived at my door 5 days later just after New Years. I can't say the same thing would happen to anyone else here... I must have received a canceled order.

Mar 14, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #45 of 45
I gave in and got my k81dj's off of ebay. CAN'T WAIT, gah, stupid homework, getting in the way of my cmoy.

The ease of buying online is really starting to scare me. Some typing, a few mouse clicks, BAM, money's gone. I think I understand why it's so hard to fight upgraditis (though this isn't just upgraditis, I needed something for extended listening. My pmx200's are getting pretty painful.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back