Where do you all buy your headphones?
Mar 12, 2007 at 2:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

kanamin

100+ Head-Fier
I'm interested in buying a set of K81DJ's but the only places I can think of getting them are ebay and amazon
redface.gif
. This must sound like a n00b question (it is, plus, the veterans here MUST have tons of headphone buying experience
lambda.gif
since a lot say that this site is hard on their wallets). Where should I go? I've bought two pairs of Sennheisers from Newegg and I love them, but they have a VERY limited selection of AKGs.

Mar 12, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 45
i brought my akg k81dj from a member on this site.the k81's seem to be hard to find.i've been looking in a couple of stores here in new york and cant find them.DJ stores at that.

Mar 12, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 45
For K81DJ's, eBay is going to fetch you the best price.

Mar 12, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 45
Split right dowm the middle:

Both Alessandros from Alessandro.

The HD600s and KSC75s from other Head-Fi members.

Either way works great, but I enjoyed the more personal Head-Fi transactions a whole lot more!!

We have also bought stuff from Newegg and D&H Photo without any problems either.

One important suggestion if you are going to be spending any quality time here on this forum, would be to make any phone purchases from Head-Fi sponsors listed at the top of this forum page!!

...they contribute a portion of their sales to help keep this place going!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 45
Adorama via Amazon where I got a better price.

Mar 12, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #14 of 45
I got my Grado SR-60s at...some online vendor. I don't really remember. Can you order them directly from Grado? I might have done that...

I got my Etymotic ER-6is at the Apple store during an employee half-off promotion. That was pretty cool.

I just got my Beyer DT770s on eBay. Very good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back