Where can I get this desk? (Particularly in black)
Apr 17, 2011 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

joshjacobs

New Head-Fier
25iyogi.jpg

If you can't find this one. Just something with a wide desk space (Fit two monitors and a Sub woofer), have a Desktop bay on the bottom, and a pull out keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

Apr 17, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 15

Quote:
Not sure, IMO its ugly and you can get a better one than that. Whats your price range, and what are you looking for? I can see if i can help you find something better
biggrin.gif

Oh, well, price is like, 200 Dollars or less. I'd think about 300$.

I would like a L Desk with lots of counter space, two side tables for speaker stands, a pull out keyboard, and a Desktop Tower bay on the bottom. It's a little specific. Oh, and black if you could find one!

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #11 of 15
Check out some office surplus stores in your area. You might find something really cool that you had never considered.

My desk is vintage. Someone had thrown it out years ago and my grandfather grabbed it. It sat outside for a good 30 years (fortunately, in Arizona) and I brought it inside last September. It's an old steel "tanker" desk with a typing wing on the side. Maybe not what I envisioned, but it's cool and works great. A few weeks ago, I found a similar steel lawyer's bookcase (3 tiers) for $20 that was about to be scrapped.

The old stuff has a build quality you won't find today unless you really fork out money. Take a look around the surplus stores - you might find something incredible.

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #12 of 15

Quote:
Check out some office surplus stores in your area. You might find something really cool that you had never considered.

My desk is vintage. Someone had thrown it out years ago and my grandfather grabbed it. It sat outside for a good 30 years (fortunately, in Arizona) and I brought it inside last September. It's an old steel "tanker" desk with a typing wing on the side. Maybe not what I envisioned, but it's cool and works great. A few weeks ago, I found a similar steel lawyer's bookcase (3 tiers) for $20 that was about to be scrapped.

The old stuff has a build quality you won't find today unless you really fork out money. Take a look around the surplus stores - you might find something incredible.

x2, its truly amazing what people find and what they try to find there vintage fine's as. Restoration Hardware is something that has grown very big, but i sometimes contradict the stuff they have in there since it looks so new. I remember seeing a very nice Postal Desk that was $1500, and you never know, you may find that at a surplus store. Plus with a desk being that old, it really adds some warmth and personality to who would be using that desk next. 

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #13 of 15
I gotta' go with Uncle Erik on this one. User office furniture stores are an excellent place to shop, you'll find great stuff at very reasonable prices. Another place to look is Ikea, if there's one near you. Also here's a website. http://computer-desks.officefurniture.com/ 

May 12, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #14 of 15
Pretty sure ive seen the one you referenced at staples, check there.

This one: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/475994/Realspace-Broadstreet-Contoured-U-Shaped-Desk/, is 300, it scratches a bit easily, the set up is somewhat of a nuisance, the "wood" looks obviously fake, and the hutch is fairly low, and the rollers aren't very smooth. I'd suggest investing in smoother rollers. The thing is pretty big though, if you need a lot of space.

May 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #15 of 15
I have to say I'm quite happy with my Ikea desk. There are better ones but what's nice is this one is stable. With a few thousand dollars worth of tech sitting on it that's pretty much my priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back