Where can I get the sony scd-333es
Dec 28, 2001 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

anishbenji

New Head-Fier
I have just bought the porta-corda and the hd580 from Jan, and I am looking for a good source. I had my heart set on the 333es, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can anyone help me out?
Anish

Dec 28, 2001 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 6
The Sony SCD-C333ES SACD/CD player has been discontinued so they're hard to find these days. I purchased mine from a local Tweeter store. You can also check internet sites like Ebay, Audioweb, and Audiogon. I think somebody also had one for sale on the For Sale Forum here. Good luck.

Dec 28, 2001 at 4:27 PM Post #3 of 6
As Acid said the 333 is discontinued. It has been replaced by the 222. The 333 has better construction compared to the 222 IMO but the 222 does multi-channel versus the two-channel 333. In a headphone only system multi-channel might not be a big factor. Your other options might be the 555 which Oade (do a search) has for a good price. In addition depending upon your requirements you might opt for one of the new Sony Combo-DVD/SACD players. It took me a while to find mine and there were a few snags and false starts but I finally got one for under $500 shipped. Just persevere and keep checking the sites Acid suggested, especially Audiogon.

Dec 29, 2001 at 8:40 AM Post #4 of 6
Well Crutchfield had one on their Scratch & Dent Dept a few weeks ago but it's gone now. They may get one again but their price is high, even for a used one ($589 I think).

Do The Good Guys still have the 333es? I was at a big one today but only saw the 222es.

Good Luck!

Dec 29, 2001 at 9:13 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for all your replies.
Good Guys don't seem to carry the 333es any more. I called several of the stores and got the same reply. Is there any comparison between the 222 & the 333. Beside the build quality and the multi-channel support, are there any differences between them? Does anyone know where the 222es can be had for the lowest price? I will be listening to them through headphones for the near future at least, so multi-channel is not important, but may be useful in the future. The dvd/sacd combos are also interesting. The 9000es is definately a good player, but it seems to be a bit more than I'm willing to spend. Does anyone have the latest prices?
Anish

Dec 29, 2001 at 7:19 PM Post #6 of 6
I can get the 333es for $525 + shipping, second hand. I think I'll go for it. Does anyone have any suggestions. Is any other unit (222/333/555/9000) available for a similar price?
Anish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back