When you came out...
Apr 17, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #16 of 19
Its going to be a sad day when were finally stuck with 128kbps MP3's from Itunes, and there are no more Cds, etc.
People dont care how it sounds, they just want it loud.....so it may happen some day.

Apr 17, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its going to be a sad day when were finally stuck with 128kbps MP3's from Itunes, and there are no more Cds, etc.
People dont care how it sounds, they just want it loud.....so it may happen some day.

You are sadly correct. The only real hope are items like the Linn DS and Berkeley DAC's, assuming that we can at least retain lossless format. Keep your albums and CD's!

Apr 17, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #18 of 19
I realized i had audiophile aspirations when i was willing to spend 90% of my cash on a pair of sony iem's (MDR-ex71 something?). At first i thought it was amazing the amount of money that could be spent, but in a good way as in my mind i could always understand the justification. Even though I've burned through all the cash I had budgeted for this stuff, i think it's the pursuit that defines an audiophile and not strictly the realization. it's not something i tell people, my parents definately do not know how much this stuff costs, they're real practical folk and would probably drop a deuce haha

Apr 17, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anything there more stupid. Buy a $2000 gaming computer and in a few years you'll have to replace it. Purchase a quality headphone like the he60 and you'll never need a new headphone (unless you just want something different or get the he90). At he very least you don't have to upgrade your headphones to be able to listen to the latest music (unlike games and to a lesser extent movies).
smily_headphones1.gif

I like how they designed a game (Crysis) that can't be fully played on any computer on the market. That's like making music files too detailed for any audio equipment in existence. very weird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back