When will B&W P3 be released??
Jul 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:
I've had my P3 for a couple of days now, around 30 hours of burn in, one thing that is extremely important, and I can't stress this enough, is the placement on your years. Moving the pads ~0.5cm makes the sound go from so-so to extremely nice, the difference is really night and day. When wearing them "wrong" there's a layer on the sound, surpressing everything, when moving them into the right position everything just opens up. So when testing them, make sure to move them around a bit until you find the right spot on your ears :)

I've never realized this, but I just played around with it.  If I move the headphones forward (towards the front of your head) about 10mm, it darkens the sound a lot...  Similar to a veil.  If I move it back towards the back that veil goes away.  The veil isn't as big as I put it, but it is there.  It's a small bump in the sub-bass regions (maybe 2 dB max).  Nothing overly huge, but can make a slight difference here and there.  

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #17 of 18
I've heard that about both B&W headphones, about placement being critical.  The things is, I don't want to have to fidget with the headphones every time I put them on to get good sound, I just wanna throw them on and go.  And headphones like these where portability is the idea should not be so sensitive to placement, because portability likely means mobility and that's going to make keeping them in place a challenge.

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #18 of 18
I've heard that about both B&W headphones, about placement being critical.  The things is, I don't want to have to fidget with the headphones every time I put them on to get good sound, I just wanna throw them on and go.  And headphones like these where portability is the idea should not be so sensitive to placement, because portability likely means mobility and that's going to make keeping them in place a challenge.

Once you know the placement, you'll do it without thinking. Muscle and sensory memory kicks in. Additionally, it'll begin to feel weird in any other position as the memory foam warps out.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back