When will B&W P3 be released??
Jun 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 18
I would like to know this as well. They look like the perfect set of headphones in terms of sound quality, portability and style. 

I checked all the online stores and nobody has them in stock yet.

I hope they hit the Apple store soon so I can test them out!

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 18
I pre-ordered with the good folks at Custom Cable and they came back to me yesterday saying B&W had informed them the release has been delayed - what was supposed to be mid-June is now end of June for the white model and end of July for the black.

Jun 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:
I pre-ordered with the good folks at Custom Cable and they came back to me yesterday saying B&W had informed them the release has been delayed - what was supposed to be mid-June is now end of June for the white model and end of July for the black.

I pre-ordered with Hifi Corner in Edinburgh and they've called me today saying that B&W had supplied them with some black pairs and mine would be with me on Thursday this week. They had called me last and told me exactly the same thing that Custom Cable had told you, no black ones until the end of July.

Jun 19, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 18
The Apple Store in Covent Garden had four white B&W P3's and one black P3 on the shelves in the head phone section for £169.

They did not have a P3 on display to listen to so I passed on picking one up as I really didn't like the dry sound of the P5.

Apple may have an exclusive like they had with the Sennheiser Amperior.

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #7 of 18
I just checked with the Apple Store in San Francisco during my lunch break and they did not have any. No empty space on the shelves either, so I don't think they had them in at all yet. I would have waited to ask, but the Apple store is always a stressful place for me. And this is coming from a big Apple fan. It's impossible to flag someone down. It once took me nearly 20 minutes just to pay for something. Ugh.. So I got out of there after about five minutes of no luck. Here's hoping they come out soon, I'm itching to buy!

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #9 of 18
I received an email from custom cable aswell saying that the white ones (the ones I ordered) will be mid to late july. They wanted to know if I would continue with my order and I said yes.....has anyone seen them in the uk?????

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #13 of 18
I have the P5's and was able to compare them side by side at BB as well. 

The P3 sound isolation was non existent. And perhaps they werent burned in yet but the overall sound was a bit weak and hollow. Prior to testing them, I read alot of rave reviews on the P3 and expected the sound to be almost on par with the P5 but it sound quality (both in mids and highs) were significantly weaker than on the P5s.

What I did appreciate about it was the build quality and the compact foldable design. Doesnt quite have the classiness of the P5's but it was built strong. I think the biggest design flaw was that there were two cables coming out from the headphones (like on earbuds). I prefer the single line (like with the P5s). 

They were decent headphones but for the price, I'd rather go with Vmoda M80's. 

Jul 6, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #14 of 18
I've had my P3 for a couple of days now, around 30 hours of burn in, one thing that is extremely important, and I can't stress this enough, is the placement on your years. Moving the pads ~0.5cm makes the sound go from so-so to extremely nice, the difference is really night and day. When wearing them "wrong" there's a layer on the sound, surpressing everything, when moving them into the right position everything just opens up. So when testing them, make sure to move them around a bit until you find the right spot on your ears :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back