When was the last time you bought a CD?
Jul 10, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #77 of 219

Quote:
oh also i have a policy of only buying albums.  i decided many moons ago that if i like a song or artist enough to part with cash them odds are they will have things on an album ill also like that otherwise id never get to hear.  thats pretty much been true with ever album ive ever bought

+1 on that, some of my favourite music is non-commercially released tracks found only buried inside the album.

Jul 10, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #80 of 219
Just bought two last week, PF DSotM (30th anniversary edition) and a mint used copy of Deep Purple "Machine Head". I recently moved back to the building I worked in a few years ago, and there is a good record shop that's in easy lunchtime walking distance, so I expect to be buying more CDs very soon.

Aug 22, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #83 of 219
too often. but lately if the vinyl version comes with the free download of the album, i spring for that instead

Aug 22, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #84 of 219
So many CDs for such low prices now. Quite weird for Mika's second album in the store costs more than 20 euros and has 10 tracks while Joanna Newsom's third album costs slightly more while containing three discs and about two hours of music. 

In that perspective I will buy Joanna Newsom's album and skip Mika for a standard album issue for me is not worth more than say 10 or 15 euros. If it is music I really want or hard to find for whatever reason I do not mind paying more. 

Despite the sometimes steep pricing on (popular/mainstream) albums and sometimes compilations I still buy CDs. Largely because I still like the CD feel of having it and I do not like the fiddling about with computer audio. I am eagerly looking forward to the next Record & CD Fair in Utrecht.

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:50 AM Post #85 of 219
Just purchased a brand new CD about 5 minutes ago.
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #87 of 219
I recently purchased Sarah McLachlan's Laws of Illusion, Renee Fleming's Dark Hope, and Sheryl Crow's 100 Miles from Memphis CDs. Yes, I do have a thing for female musicians.

Aug 23, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #88 of 219
Until yesterday it has been at least a couple years. Visiting a friend who kept mentioning Aerosmith. So I ordered a best of along with a Rush hits 1974-1987. I have almost zero of both bands so the splurge was worth it, I guess...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back