When is the NWZ-A847 Coming??!!
Nov 11, 2009 at 7:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 92

ppau0822

100+ Head-Fier
This Dap has everything that i want:

1. the S-Master digital amplifier found in the NWZ-X1061
2. 64 Gb
3. Lossless (ATRAC AL, we can forget FLAC, this is Sony :p)
4. No flimsy touch screen or browser, with proper buttons.
5. Radio and decent Battery Life

how ever i cant seem to find the release date for any region outside Japan
mad.gif

PIA0001001072.png

i found it on PriceJapan.com

i might get it for Christmas if Sony doesn't announce an English version by then. the Japanese version supports drag n drop. does any one know if the atrac al files can be drag-n-dropped as well?

sorry for the rant
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #2 of 92
That's because it's not the NWZ, it's the NW, which is the Asian only branch of sony Players.

We're not sure yet there will be a NWZ version, nothing's been announced.

If it says NW, then it's Asia only...

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #4 of 92
The NWZ-1061 will display a number of languages including Japanese. Do you think the NW products also has selectable language? If it does the only worry would be warranty.

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #7 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pott /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's because it's not the NWZ, it's the NW, which is the Asian only branch of sony Players.

We're not sure yet there will be a NWZ version, nothing's been announced.

If it says NW, then it's Asia only...

yep, thats true. waiting for sony to anounce the worldwide availability of the A847.

i read the thread at sonyinsider and it doesnt seem too positive. both stuge and darkside are die hard fans and they seem to have given up hope
frown.gif

SI: Sony™'s Gorgeous New A-Series Walkman Features OLED, Up To 64GB Capacity - Sony Insider Forums

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #9 of 92
I'm The Darkside on SonyInsider, and I've heard nothing from any of the people on the site about it being released outside of Japan. If Sony fails to release a comparable dap (w/64gb memory - hopefully tactile) for the rest of us around the world, and in decent time, I'm swearing off of the Walkman line.

As for the linked review, Google Translate makes it a jumbled mess. Is there a native Japanese speaker who could be so kind as to post an acceptable translation for us English speakers??? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #11 of 92
really not sure why they are not releasing this worldwide. they need to release a 64 gb player for christmas so why not this? also sony's feature freeze (apart from the S master amp) is stupid. time they released a player with flac, gapless and on the go playlist support. or otherwise im following nywytboy68....

and +1 to that translation
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #12 of 92
what really seems interesting is that the person doing the japanese review, seems to be comparing the X-series S master amp and the A series one! someone who knows japanese pls....

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #13 of 92
hey everyone, i'm new to head-fi so i'd like to contribute in return of all the great info (a pair of yuin ok2 headphones are heading my way ^^).. i'm not fluent in japanese but i can try to translate those 2 posts.. but it might take a day or 2 for a complete translation.. i'll do a quick scan of it and mention the important points first...

Nov 12, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #15 of 92
post #1: unboxing

shopping experience:
- once i saw the words "s-master and 64gb" on the description, immediately i made up my mind to purchase the walkman
- it was a tough choice (between this and x series) as the x-series 64gb will be out soon
- (invoice) total after tax = 44800 yen = $500 USD, minus coupon discount of 6280 yen = 38520 yen = $430 USD

unboxing:
- Sony Walkman A series NW-A847, Sony Style limited edition, Arctic Violet colorway
- (1st pic) small, simple packaging - different than the x series packaging
- (2nd pic) user manual, warantee, "lyrics BITA" functionality info (red sheet)
- (3rd pic from left) cleaning cloth - comes with the sony style LE arctic purple (same as one from x-series)
- (3rd pic) - included NC headphones: MDR-NC033
- (4th pic) - voilet color changes to blue depending on the viewing angle, hardware feels like x-series
- (5/6/7th pic) - serial number print is different from x-series (sticker vs printed on??), made in malaysia - nowadays most walkmans are made overseas (outside of japan)
- (8th pic) clear plastic case and screen protector
- (9th pic) phone with case and sheet installed
- (10th pic) comment on how the case was scratched/cracked out of the box..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back