When Do You Do IT?
Jan 16, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #31 of 39
On average, I would say I get about 5 hours of listening in per day. About 2 hours at work, and 3 hours at home. Although those numbers have been greatly reduced since I have had a "Zelda revival". Just beat Twilight Princess, and was so impressed and inspired that I am going to go back and replay Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess (again).

Until I get that out of my system (probably 3 or 4 months), I will probably be doing 2 hours of listening per day at work, and my Head-Fi activity will be limited as well.

I get between 6 and 7 hours of sleep per night, and I function just fine.

Jan 16, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #32 of 39
At work I'll fire up and listen to my office rig if I'm not busy, I'll usually get in about 5 hrs average of listening time at work. If I'm busy and have a deadline to meet for that day, then I won't be listening to music as I'll be much too busy. At home usually before I go to bed I'll choose a set of cans that are in my rotation and put in about 2 to 3 hrs of listening time. I think for me listening to music just before I fall asleep is the best time as I'm totally relaxed and there's no disturbance around me.

As for sleep, I get get about 1.5 or 2 hrs a night. I go to bed at around 1:30 a.m. or so and get up at around 3 a.m. Mon - Fri. My work day usually starts at 5 a.m.

Jan 16, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #33 of 39
7:30 - Wake up - throw speakers on if the house is empty
8:20 - Head for train, toss on the iPod and HD25, sometimes w/ Hornet
8:43 - Ride express train and walk from Union Station to work, still listening to pod.
9:30 - Arrive at work, no more music
1:30-2:30 - Lunch, back on with the iPod
2:30-6:00 - Musicless hell
6:00 - Leave work, back on goes the pod
7:30 - Back at home. On goes the speaker rig, probably vinyl. Sometimes K701s
11:30 - K701s til I fall asleep

Jan 16, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is against the law in California to drive with headphones on.

I do most of my listening at night in my room, usually sometime between 11:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.

It is against the law to drive with two headphones on....but it's legal to drive with one. But...why would anyone drive with headphones when they have a car stereo?

Jan 16, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a late sleeper and I like to wake up last minute, lol.

8:20 wake up and get ready for work
8:30 leave for work (sometimes listen to portable rig)
9-6 work (i listen a few hours, never the entire time)
6:20 arrive home
6:20-7 eat dinner and what not
7-12 listen to headphones (music)
12-4 watch tv shows/movies with headphones
4-8:15~20 sleep

No wonder you're a late sleeper, you could nearly double your sleep time by cutting down the tv-watching or integrating it into your music time. I know some people can adjust 4 hours or so of sleep a night, but I thought people did that out of necessity for work/school, not TV
tongue.gif
. After a few days of that, my butt would be conked out minutes after putting on the headphones to listen to music, heheh.

Jan 16, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is against the law to drive with two headphones on....but it's legal to drive with one. But...why would anyone drive with headphones when they have a car stereo?

i'd rather see everyone listening to headphones in their cars than yakking on the cell phone.

Jan 16, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #37 of 39
it's not (as far as I know) illegal to drive with headphones in the UK but it is illegal to drive while using a mobile phone. And yet I've been sat in my friends car while he's using his (however I took it off of him as he was going along a dual carriageway with lots of other cars about) Who knows what he (and others!) do when they are on their own.

Jan 16, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'd rather see everyone listening to headphones in their cars than yakking on the cell phone.

Good God YES! And has anyone noticed a staggering increase in folks TEXTING while driving? Insane!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back