When Do You Do IT?
Jan 14, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #17 of 39
All day at work, and any time I'm at the computer I have music going.

At work I do systems builds/support/design so much of my day is spent at a terminal hacking away, headphones help me focus and knock stuff out much faster.

As for fancy interconnects, I just make sure mine are copper.

Jan 14, 2007 at 6:07 AM Post #18 of 39
When I'm home I spend... six hours plus in my room listening to music each day.

When I'm at school though I don't really have the time or place to listen to music, so unfortunately it is only once or twice a week when I'm feeling really deprived and bring my CD player and headphones to the library to go through a couple albums.

I have my speaker rig at school, but this past semester there has been a really obnoxious mechanical noise in my room.. like a malfunctioning motor or something. Finally they are giving me a room transfer, so I'll be spending much more time with my speakers in the next months.

Jan 14, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #19 of 39
I'm on vacation now, so I have a lot of time to listen to music. But I won't actually listen to music unless I can dedicate myself to listening and not being distracted by anything else.

So right now that usually means I can get about 3-4 hours of uninterrupted music time in on my main rig. I found listening attentively is the only way I can enjoy music, otherwise it's just filler, filling in the silence. Also explains why I went through a few portable setups, that continued to get no use unless I was commuting. I currently lack a DAP in any form, when I run in the morning it's more peaceful to just listen to "nature" (quite doable in the middle of nowhere New Hampshire). At the gym I use foam earplugs to block out the crap they blast through the shot speakers.

During school time I only listen to music for about an hour a day. And it's usually in the evening after dinner. And then it's already time for bed
redface.gif

edit: and it looks like I'm the only one that thought this thread was about something else
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #20 of 39
Zanth, you need to cut your schedule or you'll end up burning out. I've spent the last five years getting 5-6 hours per night - it was fine at first, but now I just feel permanently wasted.

Jan 16, 2007 at 9:50 AM Post #21 of 39
We should really have a poll on how many hours we sleep.

I personally have about 7 hours per night on weekdays. Most of the other time in school or doing homework (admittedly, headfi takes up a bit of time on "free-er" days), which leaves me little time with the headphone rig, except during weekends, holidays or as a filler when doing homework.

Jan 16, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #22 of 39
I listen to atleast one full cd, each day, before I go to bed. That makes for roughly one to two hours of dedicated listening each day, typically starting at 9.30-10.00pm. No music at work, though it would be possible, I can't keep focus when listening to music.

Jan 16, 2007 at 10:08 AM Post #23 of 39
i get home at 7pm, and i put on some music right away, i do everything else while listening to music, except studying when i need to concerntrate.

good thing i live alone so i can listen to speakers and adjust my volume however i want. my family wants me to move back with them for a while, and don't think i'll get the speakers freedom aymore. probably have to go back to headphone then.

i dont really have a time when i actaully sit down any do nothing but critically listen to the music at home. but i do it everytime i bought a new equipment.

sleep, i get 5-6 a day, but i need 9 to function perfectly as well, if i get more than 9 then i start feeling crappy.

Jan 16, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #25 of 39
I usually get at least 6 hours of music a day. Since I'm a college student, I get PLENTY of time to just sit down with some tunes and a pair of IEM's and do some homework or study at the library. Then of course back at my apartment I can use the full-size cans to relax after a day of cramming. Skyrockets in flight
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't think I can fully process the thought of 3 -5 hours of sleep a night, though. It's either 8+ hours a night or none at all for me.

Jan 16, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #26 of 39
music is like drinking to me ... it's possible to go for hours on end without a drink but I don't really like doing it.

I wake up and some music goes on (usually on speakers as I'm getting washed/dressed) then I usually switch to headphones while I check my emails and head-fi. Then I do some stuff around the house (portable rig then) Evenings tend to involve sat in front of the PC either playing games, watching movies or just chatting with people online (all with headphones) or meeting up with mates to do something in "real" life (and walking to meet up with them involves the portable rig again)

I only work weekends at the moment as I'm looking for a "career" and while I'm there I'm able to listen to my portable rig for most of the night (I work nights) so even there I still listen.

I guess this is why my mates think I'm the person to ask about music - any trivia or even what equipment sounds good (even though around head-fi I'm still relatively low-tech)

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #27 of 39
Drinking water? Right?

I get about 4 hours in a day. The lady friend is in gad school, so she is usually studying until late. I work from 9am to 9pm m-th, but i can listen during my lunch break. So I listen from 9-11 or 12 about every night. During the weekends ill occasionally listen all day long 10-12 hours straight.

I get real antsy real quick if i dont listen to music. Even thinking about it now makes me want to put the headphones on. I teach guitar at night though, so that is sorta like listening to music. It atleast feeds the music monster a little.

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #28 of 39
well I don't actually drink 'water' on it's own very often as I'm not overkeen on the taste of it but I didn't mean drinking as in alcohol. Most of the time I just drink dilutable orange juice.

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #30 of 39
I'm a late sleeper and I like to wake up last minute, lol.

8:20 wake up and get ready for work
8:30 leave for work (sometimes listen to portable rig)
9-6 work (i listen a few hours, never the entire time)
6:20 arrive home
6:20-7 eat dinner and what not
7-12 listen to headphones (music)
12-4 watch tv shows/movies with headphones
4-8:15~20 sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back