When did you lose your Ear Virginity?
Jun 12, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #92 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audirephilos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL....after that experienced Whore got you, your etys should go in easy!
very_evil_smiley.gif

yeh lol i could put them in without looking now
(i quoted the wrong post audirephilos....::dick:
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #96 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycrob515 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh lol i could put them in without looking now
(i quoted the wrong post audirephilos....::dick:
smily_headphones1.gif

lol...I was confused there for a sec.
confused.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #97 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtwn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Must have been with some V150s or some Aiwa over the head-phones wayy back in the day.

So young. So naiive :]

I remember having some Aiwas back in the days too. They were pretty good, I guess.

Jun 12, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #98 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just lost my ear virginity after listening to a pair of Sony MDR-SA5000.

Simply stunning SQ, amazing stupendous, best headphones I have ever listened to.

Can you compare it to another set if possible? I'm a sucker for Sony cans! What do you like about them, and can they compete with something like AKG..........271, or some of the Beyers...... DT770 fo Example. Since these HPs are open ...do they leak a lot sound?

Jun 13, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #99 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audirephilos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember having some Aiwas back in the days too. They were pretty good, I guess.

Aiwa had the graphic equalizers on the tape players back in the day (mid 90's for me) They were great

Jun 13, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #100 of 127
I was going to reference a certain episode of Family Guy when I read the thread title but it's probably been done in the past 10 pages anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

For me it was the Beyerdynamic DT431. I'd only ever bought headphones in chain stores before, and they only ever stocked closed cans, normally Sony or Technics, and in the £10>£40 bracket. I asked on a forum I moderate elsewhere for some advice, and someone noticed they had the DT431 for £50 at a UK retailler and said they'd be the best bang for buck choice.

They weren't wrong. Going from £40 closed Technics to £50 Beyers was like comparing night and day. I swear that (embarrasingly) even the 'ding' noises in MSN, with the Beyers on, made me turn around in my chair to see where the noise was coming from, and that was out of an onboard sound module on a PC I built.

Probably still the best headphones I ever bought, I decided to upgrade when I came into money, but ultimately don't feel any headphones I've owned since are a major step up from the DT431s. Not to say I don't appreciate what I've learned throughout my headphone purchases to date, just that looking back I'd have been quite content to stick with those £50 headphones for the rest of my life.

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #101 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycrob515 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aiwa had the graphic equalizers on the tape players back in the day (mid 90's for me) They were great

O yeah!..I remember when the EQs and the auto reverse were big breakthroughs
in walkman tape players. I also had a sony walkman with pitch control for DJ use. ahhh...good old days! I still got some Cassettes laying around at home.
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #102 of 127
Ya same for me...was thinking of converting them into Mp3s.
biggrin.gif

10 yr old cassettes!

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #103 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya same for me...was thinking of converting them into Mp3s.
biggrin.gif

10 yr old cassettes!

If you can't find the originals then, it might be worth it. I do have the originals on Vinyl! I began converting into my PC a couple of months ago. Got about 7 Crates of Records from Oldschool House, Freestyle, Hip Hop, Reggae, some Classic Rock like "YES", "Metallica", Lots of 80's stuff! It's a lot of work to convert them though.

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #104 of 127
I think mine is still in place? Nothing in the past has really stood out.

My set-up ATM is iMac (ALAC) -> Zero DAC -> Corda HA-1 -> Denon AH-D5000

Should I expect an eargasm from this?

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #105 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think mine is still in place? Nothing in the past has really stood out.

My set-up ATM is iMac (ALAC) -> Zero DAC -> Corda HA-1 -> Denon AH-D5000

Should I expect an eargasm from this?

Your Earginity has been long gone, but.......well some people have trouble reaching climax. See if you can find your G-spot!!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back