When did you lose your Ear Virginity?
Jun 7, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #61 of 127
Two years ago when I visited Daba's apartment in Berkeley and tried out his HD650s. And then a year later when I listened to Strawberry Fields Forever on our crappy vinyl setup through SR-325i's. Both were moments I will never forget.

Jun 7, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #63 of 127
Denon AH-D2000, was just looking for some isolated headphones that had good build quality, were comfortable to wear, and sounded half decent, i remember the first time I heard them on a McIntosh valve amp (...call me spoiled?) nothing quite like it, got a valve amp project on the table, and a buying list that's making my car payment looking like a joke

Jun 7, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #65 of 127
A year ago when I went to my local radio shack and saw UE 3s on Clearance for 59.99. Got me wondering why such a small little earphones on Clearance cost so friggen much (lol).

Probably going to buy UE 10 or SE530 this summer
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #66 of 127
The appreciation/desire for superior sound came naturally ever since I started listening to music......
tongue.gif
I guess I have that desire in my blood...
biggrin.gif

Jun 7, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #67 of 127
Recently I bought a pair of sennheiser hd600s then shortly later I bought a zero amp dac. I then bought a pair of grado sr-60s to listen to at work.

Then I let my mom listen to my sennheisers then I had to buy her some grado sr-60s.

Jun 7, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #68 of 127
I was pretty young and I had headphones connected to the computer. My friend turned up the volume control on my headphones to max while compuserve was connecting via modem. I'm pretty sure my ears got raped

Jun 7, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #69 of 127
my ear-cherry was popped in 5th grade. when i bought my first set of full sized circumaural headphones from wallmart.. it was a big stetp up from $2.99 earbuds. since then i have never went back to "value" sound. lol the set now i look at it are value but you know back then i thought $40 was a lot for a set of headphones.

i think i have the parts from them laying around... ill go check what they are.......................... they were jvc HA-D350's since then the headband broke so i am re-cableing them with an old usb cable and turning them into open cans. now just to make a headband for them....

Jun 7, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #71 of 127
Sony MDR-E484 out of my trusty Sharp MD-SS323.

Jun 7, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #72 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audirephilos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean....you never had an eargasm before?

I sure have.
biggrin.gif
My HD600's give me at least one everyday.
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #74 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by nff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my ear-cherry was popped in 5th grade. when i bought my first set of full sized circumaural headphones from wallmart.. it was a big stetp up from $2.99 earbuds. since then i have never went back to "value" sound. lol the set now i look at it are value but you know back then i thought $40 was a lot for a set of headphones.

i think i have the parts from them laying around... ill go check what they are.......................... they were jvc HA-D350's since then the headband broke so i am re-cableing them with an old usb cable and turning them into open cans. now just to make a headband for them....

Like your avatar!!
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back