What's your favourite rig right now?
Oct 7, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #16 of 53
Unnfortunately I have been reduced to listening to music through a USB headset (not even stereo) and the xfi card.

Don't know of that makes it my fave but it is one that I have been using of late.

Stoopid Ipod has gone pear shaped on me.

Oct 7, 2006 at 2:13 PM Post #17 of 53
This would be a hard question for me since I spend almost equal time with my speaker and headphone setups. But lately for headphones I've been using my K601's powered straight out of the headphone jack on my Audigy 2 ZS soundcard's external hub for my home setup. I would say my portable setup too since I use that everyday going to and from school.

Oct 7, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #19 of 53
My Millett & HF-1 haven't been getting much love lately because I've been listening to my work rig all day. So when I get home, I'm usually in the mood for something other than music like reading, TV or a movie.

So for me it's been:
Alien DAC | Eddie Current / Laconic Lunch Box | HD-600 w/ 650 cable

Oct 7, 2006 at 3:30 PM Post #20 of 53
Due to a plumbing disaster* in my home, I can't use my normal setup as easily so have retreated to listening to music is bed. iPod to SR71 to GS1000 is getting the most use and it sounds pretty nice.

[size=xx-small]* Initial estimate: $112. Final charge: $5200[/size]

Oct 7, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #21 of 53
HP4 \ PS1

I'm back to where I was last year. I had high hopes for the Berning micro-ZOTL but it only took 1 song with the HP4 to just trounce it. By itself the mico-ZOTL is excellent but when listening side by side with the HP4 it's no match.

Mitch

Oct 7, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #23 of 53
iAudio X5 > Corda Cross-1 > Millett Hybrid > HD-650
600smile.gif

Oct 7, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #24 of 53
Most used at the moment is actually my oldest:

DENON DCD-835 (super modded)
MF X-CAN V2 (highly modded)
(amp powered by my own 2,500mA PSU)
Sennheiser HD-600
Cable Talk Broadcast interconnects

Oct 7, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #25 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
No big surprise to me. Your electronics have come a long way since the late 70's (to state the obvious considering all of that audiophile goodness in your current rig!) and Klipsch speakers always seem to scale well. I suspect you'll rediscover their weaknesses when you get the Gallo Ref. 3s back in place, but it's nice that they're holding the fort and were not a total letdown.

I am sure you are right that the Ref. 3s will expose the weaknesses of the old Klipschorns, but you are also right that I was relieved to have them available given that I have been spinning records on my new TT nonstop.
lambda.gif

Oct 7, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #28 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Due to a plumbing disaster* in my home, I can't use my normal setup as easily so have retreated to listening to music is bed. iPod to SR71 to GS1000 is getting the most use and it sounds pretty nice.

[size=xx-small]* Initial estimate: $112. Final charge: $5200[/size]

Man, that stinks (not literally, I hope
eek.gif
). I swear I didn't use the plumbing when I was over the other day...
cool.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #29 of 53
During the day my transportable rig, which consists of: 4th gen 60 Gb iPod Photo => Pocket Dock => Turbo IC with 1/8" 90 ell minis => Go-Vibe 5 => Headphile Senn V2 1.5 meter Black Silver terminated in 1/8" mini => Senn HD600 de-foamed.

At night while at my home computer: Dell PC using iTunes 7.0.1 ALAC files out of a Chaintech AV710 => optical cable => Musical Fidelity X-Dac V3 with a Little Pinkie power supply by Pinkfloyd => Blue Jean Cable IC => Musical Fidelity X-Cam V3 modified by Pinkfloyd with a pair of matched Tesla gold pin tubes and with another Little Pinkie by Pinkfloyd => Beyer 2005 DT990.

Of course neither is my all time favorite, these are just the two I am using the most lately.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back