What's your favourite rig right now?
Oct 8, 2006 at 8:13 AM Post #32 of 53
Love my @work rig ever since I set it up...what a great combo. It's not the best SQ of course but somehow I manage to get lost in the music, gotta give kudos to the ATH-ES5, it's just a great little closed portable. And the Bithead rocks plain and simple!

Coming in second is my main home setup, the Arcam to NKK-01 to AD2K.

Oct 8, 2006 at 9:29 AM Post #33 of 53
5G iPod 30GB -> Apple Radio Remote -> SR60

I've been listening to this setup alot since I sold the SR225s. I can't really tell if the Radio Remote is making much difference in the SQ of the SR60s yet (though I can tell its not worse). It does help in using my SR60s with my iPod (the iSkin I use with it blocks the headphone jack for the SR60). And the radio is kind of nice, though I wish it got AM reception.

Oct 10, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #34 of 53
I like my iPod with the CM7ti. Simply give me an impressed midrange that I am looking for but quite easy to achieve.

Oct 10, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #35 of 53
Red Wine Audio modded Squeezebox 3 -> Nad c320bee -> Dali suite 2.8 or RS-1

Why? Because i finally got it to work!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #36 of 53
Computer->M-Audio Transit -> PPAS -> RS-1 / ER6i.

Portable, great sounding.

Oct 10, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #37 of 53
Main Rig
Singlepower ES-1,HE90 EMMlabs gear for source.On the other end of the spectrum Iriver h120,YUIN PK1 earphones.
Haven't spent much time with my Speaker rig lately.

Oct 10, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #38 of 53
I've been listening to my ES2/HR-2 desktop combo a lot lately but last night when I plugged my PS-1's into my PPX3 Slam I realized there is just no competition for my favorite... I just wish I had more time with it!

Oct 10, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #39 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
I've been listening to my ES2/HR-2 desktop combo a lot lately but last night when I plugged my PS-1's into my PPX3 Slam I realized there is just no competition for my favorite... I just wish I had more time with it!

What are your Dark Zebras? Some headphile Zebra woody Beyer?

Oct 10, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #40 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
Main Rig
Singlepower ES-1,HE90 EMMlabs gear for source.On the other end of the spectrum Iriver h120,YUIN PK1 earphones.
Haven't spent much time with my Speaker rig lately.

How are the YUIN's? This is the first time I've read about them. I searched them but most of the links were in Chinese. Given your sweet headphone setups, it is no wonder you could let the speakers sleep for a while. Heh, on the other hand, knowing what your speaker rig consists of, it is hard to imagine you listening to headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #41 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
What are your Dark Zebras? Some headphile Zebra woody Beyer?

Yup, I kinda made up my own name since according to Larry I have the only pair of Zebra DT770's. I should receive them tomorrow and will post a thread with pics and impressions but here's the teaser pic Larry sent me.

DarthZebra.jpg

Oct 10, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #43 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
How are the YUIN's? This is the first time I've read about them. I searched them but most of the links were in Chinese.

Check out the upcomming Nov4 NY meet Thread ,Pics have been posted ,the importer
will be at the meet with some free giveaways for those that attend.

Oct 10, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #45 of 53
At the moment, XRAY V3 to HEV70 to HE60, sonic bliss for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back