What's your favourite movie(s)????
Jan 28, 2002 at 4:16 AM Post #121 of 149
Spawn was OK but the HBO animated Spawn series whipped its butt ! Had a much darker mood and Spawn was more in character.Still do not know why it was cancelled,really sucks

Jan 28, 2002 at 4:56 AM Post #123 of 149
Here are some movies I really liked

Happiness (dark, very dark)
Welcome to the Dollhouse (ditto)
Goodfellas
Memento
Pleasantville
Almost Famous
The Truman Show
Dark City
Groundhog Day
Liar Liar
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
The Hudsucker Proxy
Face-Off
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Toy Story I and II
The Iron Giant
The Nightmare before Christmas

Jan 28, 2002 at 2:05 PM Post #124 of 149
Quote:

Originally posted by Mumrik
And Snipes'... I seems to have a problem with that guy
biggrin.gif
He just seems too fake for almost any role... even a comic book hero.

He was absolutely excellent in The Waterdance - he showed what he's capable of when a role actually requires him to act. And he was the right actor for White Men Can't Jump.

Jan 28, 2002 at 8:01 PM Post #125 of 149
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco

In my opinion, Apocalypse Now is a tad too tedious about half way into the movie. It starts off really good but slows down to a crawl during the swamp scene. I didn't think much of it actually, i think i walked away thinking, "whats the big deal?" A little overrated IMHO.

George

Did you see it in a cinema?

If you saw it on TV I certainly see where you're coming from. It moves extremely slow sometimes, but at those times I just leaned back and enjoyed the beatiful scenary and camera work. To me, a great part of this movie is the visual impressions., many of which IMO are lost on the small screen..

Quote:

Originally posted by Russ Arcuri
He was absolutely excellent in The Waterdance - he showed what he's capable of when a role actually requires him to act. And he was the right actor for White Men Can't Jump.

I haven't seen The Waterdance, but I agree 100% with you on White Men Can't Jump.... I just can't help feeling that he plays most of his other roles more or less like he did that one...

Feb 3, 2002 at 1:52 AM Post #127 of 149
I was another person who doesn't like (actualy I hate) Apo. Now. I saw it on a 10 ft. projector with THX sound. I even got to talk with a guy who was on site when they were filming it. All this as part of a Humanities class my school has.

I don't know what it is, I just hate the movie. It has something to do with the random scene selection i think, it just seems like a disjointed collection of shots that kind of resemble a movie (the guy who came said that they shot tons of film, but had to cut it down again and again in order to make it a more resonable length).

I need to add the first three ( IV, V, VI) star wars movies to my list.

Feb 3, 2002 at 2:42 AM Post #128 of 149
Wow, a lot of great titles. Here's my pick:

The Hidden Fortress/ Akira Kurosawa
Diva/ French film
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea/ Disney with Peter Lorre, Kirk Douglas, James Mason
Journey To The Center Of The Earth/ James Mason
Sword Of Doom/ Kihachi Okamoto
Return Of The Dragon/ Bruce Lee
Dumb And Dumber/ Jim Carrey
Indochine/ Catherine Deneurve
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon/ Zhang Zi Yi
Sanshiro Sugata/ Akira Kurosawa
Ran/ Akira Kurosawa
The 47 Ronin/ Kenji Mizoguchi

Oh, and the Matrix.

Feb 3, 2002 at 3:31 AM Post #129 of 149
Quote:

Originally posted by Mumrik
Did you see it in a cinema?

If you saw it on TV I certainly see where you're coming from. It moves extremely slow sometimes, but at those times I just leaned back and enjoyed the beatiful scenary and camera work. To me, a great part of this movie is the visual impressions., many of which IMO are lost on the small screen..

Yeah, it was on TV, maybe i should pick up the DVD and give it another shot. I noticed lately that i tend to pay far more attention when i watch with headphones over trying to listen to everything through the TV speakers. Besides, i dont have a Home Theater setup
frown.gif

George

Feb 3, 2002 at 4:53 AM Post #130 of 149
I have to add one I just saw: Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust -- awesome! I like it better than the first one.

Feb 3, 2002 at 2:41 PM Post #133 of 149
Apocalypse Now is long and drags in certain points, but has one of the classic scences in movie making history when the choppers come in low over the ocean and demolish a village and then call in a napalm strike, the commander wearing the US Cavalry hat and scarf stands on the beach with bullets flying everywhere
and the whole screen is a hell-fire inferno as a line of napalm errupts............officer says something like:

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning.........it smells like victory"
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 3, 2002 at 3:59 PM Post #134 of 149
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
Wow, a lot of great titles. Here's my pick:

The Hidden Fortress/ Akira Kurosawa
Diva/ French film
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea/ Disney with Peter Lorre, Kirk Douglas, James Mason
Journey To The Center Of The Earth/ James Mason
Sword Of Doom/ Kihachi Okamoto
Return Of The Dragon/ Bruce Lee
Dumb And Dumber/ Jim Carrey
Indochine/ Catherine Deneurve
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon/ Zhang Zi Yi
Sanshiro Sugata/ Akira Kurosawa
Ran/ Akira Kurosawa
The 47 Ronin/ Kenji Mizoguchi

Oh, and the Matrix.

DIVA! I think that was a good movie, too
cool.gif

Feb 3, 2002 at 6:38 PM Post #135 of 149
Quote:

DIVA! I think that was a good movie, too

I like petite!
wink.gif

Apocalypse Now: I saw it so many times I even read the intelligence profie Martin Sheen studied as he journeyed up the river.
rolleyes.gif
It's actually quite important background to the story, with such info as the subject and title of Kurt's doctoral thesis etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back