What's Your Favorite Restaurant In Your Area?
Feb 4, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #46 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSmith08
Janko's Little Zagreb in Bloomington, IN. The place has no ambience, but the best steaks in Indiana. It is the stereotypical hole-in-the-wall with food that is out of this world. I have been going there for years, and nothing ever seems to change all that much.

Best steak house Ive ever had was at a place caled the Beef House in Veedersburgh (small hick town) Indiana. Not sure what they feed the cattle in the beef-belt but its the best stuff in the US IMHO. I had a ~20 Oz prime rib, fresh baked dinner rolls with home made apple butter, and mashed taters. I dont think I ate any vegetables the entire week I was in Indiana.

Feb 4, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #47 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Best steak house Ive ever had was at a place caled the Beef House in Veedersburgh (small hick town) Indiana. Not sure what they feed the cattle in the beef-belt but its the best stuff in the US IMHO. I had a ~20 Oz prime rib, fresh baked dinner rolls with home made apple butter, and mashed taters. I dont think I ate any vegetables the entire week I was in Indiana.

I go to school about thirty/forty minutes east on I-74 of Covington, where the Beef House is located. I try to get over there two or three times a semester. The key difference between Janko's and the Beef House is the fact that Janko's seasons their steaks fairly heavily. However, the rolls at the Beef House are legendary.

You can't go wrong with either of them, but you can get more right with Janko's.
icon10.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #48 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Happy Hound (Los Gatos)... My fave burger dive.

oh man, how could i forget happy hound? i was just there last weekend! i totally agree, their burgers are great! one more recommendation:

San Jose, CA Tanto on Saratoga Ave - the best japanese izakaya (beer house) i've ever been to stateside. i love their gyutan and yakionigiri.

Feb 5, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #49 of 58
Thai - "Royal Thai" on Dalhousie
Indian - "Rangoli" on St. Joseph Blvd
Burgers - "The Works" multiple locations
Chinese - "Caveaux de Scheszuan" on York Ave
Italian - "Giovanni's" on Preston
Mexican - "Ahora" on Dalhousie or "Azteca" in the market

If you live in Ottawa, trust a fat man. Eat at these restaurants!

Feb 5, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #50 of 58
Thats it... forget the SF (Saratoga) meet later this month. Lets just all go out and eat till we barf.

LOL

Garrett

Feb 5, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #53 of 58
Portland, ME.......RiRa Irish Pub

North Conway, NH......Moat Mountain Smokehouse & Brewing Co.

Feb 5, 2006 at 9:52 AM Post #54 of 58
The one thing (well mostly) that I miss from being on the road full time was eating at the best restaurant in any given town on someone else's dime. SO many great places over the years...the steakhouse in MSG, Roy's in Phoenix, this little sushi bar outside the kroger's in atlanta, bones in atlanta, sam and harry's in northern va, rearn thai in greensboro, nc, the lobster place on bailey island, me...I could go on forever just about...

Feb 5, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #55 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
Portland, ME.......RiRa Irish Pub

Hey, I never had a chance to visit RiRa, but as long as we're talking about Portland, ME, I gotta say Margarita's. Who would have thunk it, the best junky Tex-Mex in Maine of all places!

Best,

-Jason

Feb 5, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #57 of 58
MF Sushi Bar on Ponce De Leon here in Atlanta. Best fish I have ever tasted in my life. If you love sushi, you have to try it here. I am convinced its one of the best outside of Japan (and so are the restaurant reviewers).

http://www.mfsushibar.com/

Feb 5, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #58 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by a1rocketpilot
MF Sushi Bar on Ponce De Leon here in Atlanta. Best fish I have ever tasted in my life. If you love sushi, you have to try it here. I am convinced its one of the best outside of Japan (and so are the restaurant reviewers).

http://www.mfsushibar.com/

Sweet, I gotta go try it there sometime. I've been eating the cheap sushi at Ru San's LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back