Whats your Favorite PC Music Playback Software??
Feb 14, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #16 of 38
another vote for MusikCube, I too was sick of winamp, and was pleasantly surprised. Another option is VLC. I use it primarily as a video player, but it does everything very well.

Feb 14, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #17 of 38
recently tried musikcube, it's pretty straight forward and gets the job done. i like it, fast. songbird was terrible. also tried helium music manager, it's got way too much junk to be worthwhile.

are there other music browsers that are similar to musikcube that has a nicer looking gui?

Feb 14, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #18 of 38
Recent foobar2000 + Columns UI convert here. I love the way you can customize it in whatever way you want. Winamp was getting too bloated for my tastes the last few versions.

Feb 15, 2006 at 9:31 AM Post #20 of 38
A prettified version of foobar. It has everything I need including great organization.

Feb 15, 2006 at 11:19 AM Post #21 of 38
Well, just found it what i've been looking quite long now --> VST host 'adaptor' plugin for Winamp (just wondering when this type plugin comes for Foobar too). Rack version would have been better but ....

VST Host Winamp Bridge Developer's site.
Can be downloaded from KVR too.

Some VST effect plugins you can try :
http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode...sort=1&rpp=100

Here are two examples when you may need "VST Host Winamp Bridge" -plugin.

You need a good EQ with winamp --> Winamp & ANWIDA Soft GEQ31V

winamp318cm.jpg

You need to get rid of 60 Hz hum --> Winamp & Elemental Audio System's Eqium:

winampequim5cx.jpg

BTW: If you load a plugin rack/chainer (like MultiFXVST from CTAF) into VST Host Winamp Bridge, you'll be able to add more than just one VST plugin into your winamp audio chain (i.e. EQ + limiter, enchanger, etc.).

jiitee

Feb 15, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #22 of 38
I use winamp 2.91 (for less system ressources used) with the Album List plugin (double click an album to get all the songs into the playlist) and of course with ASIO, FLAC, APE and SHN playback support.

Heres a bad quality pic:

winamp.jpg

Feb 15, 2006 at 1:10 PM Post #24 of 38
I've been using QCD for quite a while. It allows for a very minimal GUI if you prefer that. I use the tooltray icon to play and pause plus a tiny skin that shows the current track details. It's small enough to fit in the bottom bit of a window. It doesn't have much in the way of library management, but I think there are add-ons for that.

Using Amarok on my Linux box. Lots of nice features there.

Feb 16, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #26 of 38
Winamp 5 with ASIO support and plenty of plugins for file support. I have hotkeys mapped to my numberpad to switch songs, and a pluging to bring up a search window when I hit CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW.

Feb 16, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
J River Media Center, have a look-see

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/

[size=xx-small](it is not free, but there is a 30 day free trial)[/size]

I tried, then bought this software based on your rec. in another thread. Thanks for the info -- I like Media Center very much - it does everything I want. I just need to do a bit more reading about setting things up.

Feb 16, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #28 of 38
mediamonkey:
- auto updates my music library automatically and also deletes folders which dont exist anymore
- does the same thing with my iRiver HP-140 and my iPod while synchronizing
- the play/pause/next and previous song buttons on my diNovo keyboard work with mediamonky WITHOUT installing the crappy logitech software

very smooth program in my opinion - but if anyone knows a better alternative, i'm always open for new things ^^

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee
Well, just found it what i've been looking quite long now --> VST host 'adaptor' plugin for Winamp (just wondering when this type plugin comes for Foobar too). Rack version would have been better but ....

VST Host Winamp Bridge Developer's site.
Can be downloaded from KVR too.

Some VST effect plugins you can try :
http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode...sort=1&rpp=100

Here are two examples when you may need "VST Host Winamp Bridge" -plugin.

You need a good EQ with winamp --> Winamp & ANWIDA Soft GEQ31V

winamp318cm.jpg

You need to get rid of 60 Hz hum --> Winamp & Elemental Audio System's Eqium:

winampequim5cx.jpg

BTW: If you load a plugin rack/chainer (like MultiFXVST from CTAF) into VST Host Winamp Bridge, you'll be able to add more than just one VST plugin into your winamp audio chain (i.e. EQ + limiter, enchanger, etc.).

jiitee

I downloaded and installed the Equium demo, but it seems to be lacking the needed dll file to be loaded into the VST host plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back