Whats your Favorite PC Music Playback Software??
Feb 17, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela
I tried, then bought this software based on your rec. in another thread. Thanks for the info -- I like Media Center very much - it does everything I want. I just need to do a bit more reading about setting things up.

I am glad you like it
biggrin.gif

I find there is not much to be set up really, but that there are alot of features to be found. The further I dig the more I find that it can do. I have used it for several years now and still discover new features and power.
Enjoy!

Feb 18, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #32 of 38
the dll file was placed in %\program files\Steinberg\VST.
now that I located it, no problem loading it through winamp DSP plugin
biggrin.gif

not sure if the hum removal is working though, I can still hear that very slight hum without music playing. would it only be noticeable when music is playing?

Feb 18, 2006 at 7:32 AM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer
the dll file was placed in %\program files\Steinberg\VST.
now that I located it, no problem loading it through winamp DSP plugin
biggrin.gif

not sure if the hum removal is working though, I can still hear that very slight hum without music playing. would it only be noticeable when music is playing?

Yes, VST plugins are installed on Program Files\Steinberg\VST folder as default.

Maybe your hum is not @ 50 Hz or 60 Hz and I suppose the plugin works only when you're outputting from WinAmp (you can find if the filter works on right frequencies by recording silence (this should include the hum) and then play it back with the filter enabled). This hum filtering on Equim can be custom built too. You should 1st locate the main frequency for the hum noise -->
if you record the noise (silence with high enough recording level) and save as wave and then examine the frequency curve using say some Voxengo (Transmodder, SPAN, Redunoise or GlissEQ), EAS Firium plugin (play with winamp + some of above mentioned VST plugin in-loaded) or use Har-Bal (these all are showing accurate enough frequency curve so you can find the main hum frequency well). When this is cleared then just make your own hum filter.

jiitee

Feb 18, 2006 at 8:29 AM Post #35 of 38
Winamp 5.13
-enhancer v0.17
-ml_ipod
-creative infra remote control

I've tried the others, I'm sticking with the player that really whips the llama's ass. Looks good too.

Feb 18, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #36 of 38
Foobar 2000 easily.

Default skin. Half dozen or so tabbed playlists, sized to only see the basic controls and my tabs. Thats it.

I'm a minimilist, I don't want my player to do anything but play music. I organized my music myself in folders, and setup pre-defined playlists in easy to toggle tabs.

Only volume control DSP plugin, no EQ or replaygain.

Feb 20, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #37 of 38
Winamp 2.95 (classic), light and does what its supposed to do, no hassle.

Feb 20, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by mixmasterbert
I've been using winamp since the first beta, I haven't come across anything that is much better in almost 10 years. I"M frickin sick of WINAMP. what do you guys use?... If you use itunes or WMP please don't respond. thanx for the help

I use iTunes with foobar as a backend. The iTunes interface + foobar =
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back