What's your favorite Live Album?
Jan 6, 2002 at 5:57 AM Post #61 of 152
Nearly forgot! How come nobody mentioned...........

Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison & San Quentin

Hehehehe just listening to some Tom Waits at the minute. Better Of Without A Wife and it's intro are absolutely hillarious. Its on the Nighthawks At The Diner album. You owe it to yourself to listen to it!

Seems like its time for me to hit the sack. It's 6am here peeps.
Catch u all later.

Good listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2002 at 12:22 PM Post #64 of 152
Well my two cents (in Euro please
evil_smiley.gif
)

Deep Purple - Made in Japan

Pink Floyd - Umma Gumma

Metallica - S&M

Portishead - NYC roseland new york

Oriental Wind - Live in Bremen

Oregon - Oregon in Concert (live)

Nirvana - Unplugged in New York
Got this one on vinyl last week and is my favorit record at the moment.

Cheers
Hermann

Jan 7, 2002 at 12:58 PM Post #65 of 152
Sorry no live rock/alt albums in my collection (classical, jazz can be good live) despite the quality of the performance which sometimes is better than artificial studio setting. I notice some groups do virtually the same version live with little improvisation. Cannot put up with mediocre sound quality and crowd noises.

Jan 7, 2002 at 1:26 PM Post #66 of 152
Belafonte-At Carnegie Hall (1959)

Considered the "grandaddy" of live musical recordings. Often used as a demo disc to showcase fine audio equipment, this is the ultimate in regard to sound/performance....even if you're not a fan (which I, for one, am not). The sound of the hall and audiance are so real, you feel as though you are present at the show yourself!

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2002 at 7:16 PM Post #68 of 152
Check out Friday Night in San Francisco: John McGlaughin (sp?), Al Di Meola, and Paco De Lucia really wail on theyre guitars. When traditional Spanish flamenco goes hyper-thrashcore.....LIVE
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2002 at 4:30 PM Post #69 of 152
Dave Matthews Band - Live in Chicago
And sentimental favorite from the 70's....Bette Midler-Live at Last

Flumpus, we Dallasites LOVE us some Dave Matthews, don't we!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2002 at 8:12 PM Post #70 of 152
Oh yea: Blue Oyster Cult: Extraterrestrial Live Double LP original pressing. Sounds awesome! You gotta hear "Dont fear the Reaper" it kicks serious *****

Does anyone else have this?

George

Jan 10, 2002 at 2:17 PM Post #71 of 152
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
Blue Oyster Cult: Extraterrestrial Live Double LP original pressing. Sounds awesome! You gotta hear "Dont fear the Reaper" it kicks serious *****

Does anyone else have this?

L, yeah! That's a good one. I love the version of "Veteran of the Psychic Wars" on that.

Jan 10, 2002 at 7:49 PM Post #72 of 152
Hey Dusty, can this thing be found on cd? Also, i pm'd regarding Garbage, did you get it?

George

Jan 10, 2002 at 7:56 PM Post #73 of 152
Quote:

Hey Dusty, can this thing be found on cd?

I have it, so I think so (don't think it's OOP...yet...). Although, they are remastering some of the old BOC, so it might be temporarily OOP until that happens if it's on the schedule to get remastered. Quote:

Also, i pm'd regarding Garbage, did you get it?

Yeah, sorry about that. I need to get caught up on a couple of IOU's, first...will get back to you, haven't forgotten...

Jan 10, 2002 at 9:14 PM Post #74 of 152
Cool! Let me know whenever your free. As for the BOC live, is that two cd's? Hmmm...i'll be at JandR tomorrow for a new MD deck, guess i might as well look for that BOC live cd!

George

Jan 11, 2002 at 6:22 AM Post #75 of 152
Quote:

As for the BOC live, is that two cd's?

Nope, just one -- just went across the street to Tower Records, and they have it for US$9.99 retail (which means it'll be at most US$7.99 when the sale rolls around, which should be any day now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back