Whats Your Favorite Headphone Brand? Poll
Mar 21, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #78 of 105
Grado. My favorite cans are still the K-1000, but Grado gets the nod. AKG discontinued their best product, while Grado still manufactures theirs, the RS-1. Well, the HP-2 is special, but the RS-1 is more fun. Since you can still buy a new one, Grado gets my vote.

Mar 21, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #79 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser will win
Grado will come in 2nd

and just a to toss up third AKG

edit: I'd like to vote but I feel it'd be unfair as I haven't heard a majority of the top headphones.

anyone notice my predictions were correct?

Audio-Technica and AKG are very close

Mar 21, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #81 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, I think I'm a Sennheiser fanboy because it's like the Toyota of headphones: well built, relatively inexpensive, reliable, and great service!
icon10.gif

My Sennheiser HD 600 feels more like a Mercedes to me. One more vote for the steady German brand.

Mar 21, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #83 of 105
Against popular forum traditions I voted for Bose, for a number of reasons.

Firstly I much prefer speakers and find it had to be able to sit with a pair of headphones for more than a few minutes. Most 'phones ive tried either feel awkward, loose, move when I do, sound awful with certain sounds, uncomfortable, feel cheap.

The Bose ones are comfortable and I can asleep with them on, they also have the noise cancelling facility which works* and they are quite the opposite to what is said above. They also match my hearing limitations of 'phones. For those not satisfied, the balance is restored with a pair of German Physics Gaudi's.

*It does work, quite well infact before anyone states otherwise.

Mar 23, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #85 of 105
I've always been partial o Koss, but have slid over to AT... I think. I'm not as into bass as I was when I was younger.

Seems Senns are the prom winner. Guess I'll have to spend a bit more time with them.
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #86 of 105
Alessandro for me.
But enjoy two offerings that aren't listed: AL im716 and the Goldring DR150

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #89 of 105
I don't know if this has been posted. But the poll is pretty pointless statistically - it merely shows that more people favoring Grado, Senn and AKG, than other brands, are responding.

50 posts - are we there yet? 38 more to go..

Mar 24, 2007 at 12:11 PM Post #90 of 105
Well; I think it's great! Statistically accurate or not. I look at the list and I find that I am firmly within the two top choices; the Sennheiser group and the Grado/Alessandro pair.

...either that, or I'm just one of the faceless masses.
frown.gif

Interestingly though. We have had these types of manufacturers polls in the past and the results are fairly repeatable. Grado and Senns are always on top.
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back