What's your favorite cheese?
Jan 22, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #48 of 72
i like goat cheese.

i have a mild case of lactose intolerance. tip: dont let people liek me drink too much milk, be farting nonestop for 30minutes.

jezz dj mauler, thanks for putting my quote in your signature.

Jan 22, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #50 of 72
Where do you guys get your cheese? Beside Kraft singles, Cheese that I know is what comes with Philly cheesesteak
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #52 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjones
cottage

lol does that really count? =/

Jan 22, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #55 of 72
smoked Gouda, some good bread and a bottle of Rochefort 10 mmmmmmmmmm!

I also like Fermunda Cheese
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #56 of 72
My favorite cheeses are Cream and "Macaroni and..."

Jan 23, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #57 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00940
Old Herve, Belgian cheese from my region. Smells so bad you cannot put it in the fridge. This monster must be kept on the outside of a window.

That reminds me of a piece I read years ago in a veggie magazine. The writer had gone back to the old country, somewhere in eastern Europe, and his relatives had presented him with a large, smelly cheese. He did not eat it, of course, but mostly used it to make his way through crowds at train stations...
rolleyes.gif

Laz

Jan 23, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #58 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00940
Old Herve, Belgian cheese from my region. Smells so bad you cannot put it in the fridge. This monster must be kept on the outside of a window.

That reminds me of a piece I read years ago in a veggie magazine. The writer had gone back to the old country, somewhere in eastern Europe, and his relatives had presented him with a large, smelly cheese. He did not eat it, of course, but mostly used it to make his way through crowds at train stations...
rolleyes.gif

Laz

Hehe, I've a similar story. During WWII, my grandfather was kept in a war prisonners' camp in Silesia. Of course, the incoming mail was strictly controlled and censored. Still, prisonners were allowed to received some food from their family. So my grandmother would put the interesting news from Belgium inside a fresh (not too smelly) cheese. By the time it would arrive at the prisonner's camp, it would have developped a wonderful and powerful smell. Two possibilities then. Or the German guard would throw the package away, or he would close it asap and distribute it anyway. But at least, news from Belgium arrived uncensored from times to times.

Jan 23, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #59 of 72
Tillamook Chedder!!!!

HANDS DOWN

I used to live in Portland OR(tillamook is in OR) and now I live in Wisconsin. I have had hundreds of WI cheddars and still I think tilamook is the best. I even am good friends with a professor here who judges at the world cheese championships. He was also just given the award of Dairy Professor of the Year. He even thinks that Tillamook is some of the best cheddar he has ever had. I envy all you west coast people who can just go get it at the store. You have no idea how good you have it........tillamook is the best. Ughh I want it so bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back