What's your favorite brand?
Apr 8, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #46 of 140
I voted for Cowon. The fact that you don't need a software to manage your tunes is a big plus for me. I hate databases. It's a pain to get all the data and tags right, and the ones like me who are not in highschool or at uni don't have hours to waste doing that crap...

I just which they released an X7 (large HDD capacity) to replace the X5. Or that the classic got rockboxed...

Apr 11, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #51 of 140
Have to go with Apple just for verstility alone. I am able to control my Ipod through my Alpine 9885 in my car and at home I can control it through my Pioneer Elite reciever using the on screen menu. Can't think of any other player that is as compatible with so many devices. IMHO any small difference that there might be in SQ cannot offset the benefits gained in owning the Ipod.

Apr 11, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #52 of 140
i go with apple just purely for functionality. i use a macbook pro so interfacing between an ipod and my laptop is a breeze. sound quality admittedly is not the greatest, but i find it does the job just fine with ALAC recordings, at least for what i need

Apr 11, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #55 of 140
Quote:

Cowon is the best..
Because it gives the best Sound Quality!!
Apple player is the worst player I have ever experienced..

If Apple is the worst you have ever heard, you must have not heard many. Don't know if Cowan is the best or not as far as SQ goes, but how versatile is it and how much better is the SQ really - 2 times, 5 times, 10 times ? I don't know about everybody else, but when it comes to having some good SQ when enjoying music, the last source I am going to consider is a portable player. I myself am going to break out some vinyl or a SACD. When at work, working out in a gym, jogging, or in a bus/train/subway/airplane/car (all of these are probably the most popular listening environments for a portable player) just how much SQ do you really frikk'n need.

Apr 11, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #56 of 140
I have an iPod and a Creative. The quality of the iPod is definitely higher than my other players Ive owned. Creative just feels cheap but seems to have better sound quality though.

Apr 12, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #58 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a travisty it will be if the APPLE wins the poll. Its amazing what marketing can do for a product.The best MP3 players are made by COWON end of story.

Anadin, I couldn't agree with you more... I absolutely love showing off my Cowon D2 to my friends-- but I just cringe when they say - "That is one of the coolest ipods i've ever seen! Why haven't I noticed one of those at the store before?"

It so disgusting to me --how many people I know that have never even heard of Cowon. But that doesn't surprise me when 99% of the audio products in my local store have a sticker on the front of the box that says "MADE FOR IPOD" ... and then you look at the back -- and in the very very fine print it says "oh yea.. and its compatible with those other mp3 players too..."
mad.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #60 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If Apple is the worst you have ever heard, you must have not heard many. Don't know if Cowan is the best or not as far as SQ goes, but how versatile is it and how much better is the SQ really - 2 times, 5 times, 10 times ? I don't know about everybody else, but when it comes to having some good SQ when enjoying music, the last source I am going to consider is a portable player. I myself am going to break out some vinyl or a SACD. When at work, working out in a gym, jogging, or in a bus/train/subway/airplane/car (all of these are probably the most popular listening environments for a portable player) just how much SQ do you really frikk'n need.

I have only used Sony, Creative, Cowon and iPod.. and iPod is the dumbest among them..
Cowon is the best, not only because of it's SQ but also because of it's UI and it's features!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back