What's your favorite brand?
Mar 18, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 140
My favorit brand is sennheiser.
wink.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #4 of 140
What about "Other"? My all time favorite is Rio. Today, I have no favorites. TrekStor comes close only because of the vibez and the former Rio developer they have working the vibez firmware (also inherited from Rio via Sigmatel). The rest of their lineup offers nothing exciting, and their support blows.

Mar 18, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #5 of 140
Apple, for the convenience, simplicity and clean design. I've been a customer for almost 30 years, as well. Apple has been good to me.

Also, audiophilia doesn't matter much when I'm on the go or in the car. That the iPod isn't sonically perfect doesn't matter much. When I want to do serious, critical listening, there is the home rig. When I'm driving, in an airplane or out for a walk, I don't notice much the imperfect fidelity. When I'm at home, I'll light up the tubes, spin some vinyl and really dig into the music.

Mar 18, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #6 of 140
Haven't tried them all (Meizu and Sandisk to be precise), but my favourite so far is Cowon. D2 and iAudio 7 for example are some good choices.

Mar 18, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #7 of 140
Stax

But I voted Apple, since there were no Stax in the list.

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #10 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple, for the convenience, simplicity and clean design. I've been a customer for almost 30 years, as well. Apple has been good to me.

Also, audiophilia doesn't matter much when I'm on the go or in the car. That the iPod isn't sonically perfect doesn't matter much. When I want to do serious, critical listening, there is the home rig. When I'm driving, in an airplane or out for a walk, I don't notice much the imperfect fidelity. When I'm at home, I'll light up the tubes, spin some vinyl and really dig into the music.

x2

Gapless playback and random playback by album are my most important requirements. I don't know any other players that do both of these. I have an old Rio Cali that I only use for radio because playback options and ease of use drive me crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back