What's your favorite Beer?
Jul 24, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #31 of 148
affligem trippel
french country ale (forget the brewery, it's a farmhouse ale)
other trippels from old belgian breweries (old being 200+ yrs old)
affligem blonde
ommegang hennepin
dogfishhead raison d'etra
dogfishhead midas touch

alaskan amber
yuengling lager

Jul 24, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #32 of 148
Steel Reserve 211. No, seriously, it is. There is no better beer anywhere near the pricerange.

2nd is Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter

3rd is King Cobra. I only drink this when I'm broke, and cannot afford the 211. I just had 2 40s, getting wasted off $2.87 = priceless
biggrin.gif

I <3 my alcohol!

* I am also known to drink bum wines such as Thunderbird and Cisco. Anything that gets me drunk is A-Ok..

Jul 24, 2005 at 6:16 AM Post #33 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
This attitude will save you a lot of money.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've spent the money and have realized that a good pint of Sammy is plenty good for me. And anyway, I can't let myself drink too much beer with all those carbs and empty calories. In any case, beer is beer -- it isn't cognac or scotch. That's what's really cost me a lot of money. And cigars. But that's another story altogether.

Jul 24, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #34 of 148
Guiness from Ireland. It just doesn't taste the same anywhere else in the world. Serious.

And you never feel ill drinking it continously. I managed to drink 14 pints and that included a fairly choppy ferry ride of to Ireland and back. You get really happy drunk but not spewing chunks drunk.

Jul 24, 2005 at 7:23 AM Post #35 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
belgian beers are good too, though i can never remember the names

Stella Artois
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurus
San Miguel
Asahi Super Dry

+ Singha

Jul 24, 2005 at 2:49 PM Post #37 of 148
New Belgium Abbey is probably my favorite easy to find beer (at least in my area) - really tasty stuff! My favorite beer that I've ever had is probably Unibroue Edition 2004 - most flavorful beer I've ever tasted (not counting barleywines). Actually, any Unibroue beer is good - I highly recommend Fin du Monde, Maudite and Terrible. They're all outstanding Belgian/abbey style beers that pack quite a punch (9-10% alcohol). You have one of those and wonder how in the hell Bud, Coors and the likes are still in business.
biggrin.gif

For those authentic Belgian beer fans, here is the ultimate link:

The Belgian Shop

You can thank me later.
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #38 of 148
There are so many...
eggosmile.gif
Beers that have a particular place in my hart are:

Brand UP (a Dutch trad. pilz w. accentuated hop character)
Duvel (Belgian double fermented and clear. High alc.)
Almost any real strong ale
icon10.gif

BTW. I’m not a fan of Heineken
tongue.gif
Too "sweet" yeast character.

Edit: Oh almost forgot: Orval (Belgian monestary brewed beer)

Jul 24, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #39 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by adhoc
Stella Artois
wink.gif
"...

Hey, there´s one of the really few quality lagers you can get in French supermarkets! I would never agreed on French camping holidays without the knowledge that they at least have Stella!
600smile.gif

Jul 24, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #41 of 148
Impossible to pick just one!

The one I come back to most often is the Samuel Smith Nut Brown, which is similar to, but much better than the Newcastle.

I also like the Belgians: Chimay, Duvel, etc..

I've been told numerous times that the only real Guiness is on tap in Ireland--I'm still looking forward to that experience!

Jul 24, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #42 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by gurus
Urquell Pilsner

Excellent choice. BTW the offical brand name stands "Pilsner Urquell" as this was the first ever made golden lager. "Pilsener" refers to the beer style/character. With this it should be written as Pilsner Urquell Pilsener.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jul 24, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #43 of 148
My preference: any wheat beer, preferably served with a slice of lemon. Here in HK I can find only Bavarian brands, namely Paulaner or Erdinger. Back to Europe, the choices are much better.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back