Feb 12, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #256 of 292
Craft beer when i can. MVP's:

- Founder's Breakfast STout
- Dogfish 90 Minute IPA
- Dragon's Milk Stout
- Kasteelbier Donker
- St Bernardus Abt 12
- Piraat
- Sam Adams Rebel (for just sittin around)

I almost never drink these days, but those are what I reach for if there's a special occasion.

Feb 12, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #257 of 292
Keep in mind i absolutely HATE twisted tea. They are too sweet and kill my stomach. The bourbon twisted teas have a subtle bourbon flavor, aren't very sweet and don't upset my stomach. I know a lot of convenient stores will sell these as singles. I'd love to hear what other people think. 

Feb 16, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #258 of 292

This sounds like something that could be experimented with as a home brew type of drink.  Most iced tea drinks are too sweet as you say but a fresh unsweetened iced tea and bourbon start and then adding to taste would be a good afternoon killer...  :)

Paul

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #259 of 292
Me and my dad picked up a bottle of The Glenlivet Nadurra at christmas. My god this is easily one the best scotches, or rather one the best drinks i have ever had. If you have a chance at a bottle or even a taste you should definitely do it.

EDIT: Glenlivet Nadurra Oloroso. Matured in sherry casks and not ex bourbon casks

Mar 15, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #261 of 292
Recently, Pernod and St. George absinthes, prepared traditionally or in a cocktail called the Green Beast - 1pt. absinthe 1pt. lime juice 3-4pts. club soda, sugar if you want. Drinking the St. George Botanivore gin tonight with some cherry-lime La Croix. I also like dry red wines, dry ciders, infused vodkas, and anejo tequilas. Long Island Iced Teas are also one of my favorites :).

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #262 of 292
The smell of whisky makes me gag, the taste brings vomiting profusely, the kind where the neck muscles ache for days, not for me that stuff. I will take a pint of lager though preferably a Stella Artois, now we are talking :wink: can be pushed into drinking the following also
G and T
Tequila
Straight Vodka ice cold
Rum and coke

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #263 of 292
Try to avoid Campari it has a particularly foul taste, it states on their website that some say it could have up to 80 ingredients in it...........but whatever the overpowering flavour is it masks them all, its rough.

Mar 28, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #264 of 292
The smell of whisky makes me gag, the taste brings vomiting profusely, the kind where the neck muscles ache for days, not for me that stuff. I will take a pint of lager though preferably a Stella Artois, now we are talking
wink.gif
can be pushed into drinking the following also
G and T
Tequila
Straight Vodka ice cold
Rum and coke

I cannot for the life of me understand being able to drink tequila but not whiskey. XD

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #265 of 292
I have to agree. I had a bad experience with tequila when I was young. Now it all smells like old gym socks to me. It has to be very good quality to be able to even make it past my nose let alone down my throat. Easier just to stick with a yummy single malt. Balvenie 12 Doublewood this time.

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #266 of 292
I have to agree. I had a bad experience with tequila when I was young. Now it all smells like old gym socks to me. It has to be very good quality to be able to even make it past my nose let alone down my throat. Easier just to stick with a yummy single malt. Balvenie 12 Doublewood this time.

I can't do silver tequila after my 20th birthday anymore, makes me wanna puke. I can do a nice gold/añejo though just fine.

And great choice, that's my favorite scotch right now!

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #267 of 292
I bought some espresso tequila a while back. That was intense and very delicious. I'd have tried it over vanilla ice cream if the bottle hadn't mysteriously emptied itself so quickly. Ahem. 

As for whisky, I decided to take advantage of a discount and bought a bottle of Famous Grouse Smoky Black. Not very smoky, and the apparent dark colour turned out to be enhanced by tinted glass. Not a memorable dram, in fact.

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #268 of 292
I ain't even talking about expensive stuff, but like if you put Jose Cuervo and Johnny Walker in front of me I cannot imagine slugging Cuervo and gagging at Johnny. :p

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #270 of 292
First time drinking hard liquor, I ordered vodka on the rocks. The lady looked at me funny. Is there anything wrong with that :sweat_smile:

You just won't ever see anyone do that. Vodka's either shots or mixed. It's not a sipper. I won't lie, if I saw someone order that I'd assume it was their first time ordering liquor, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back