What's wrong with people???
Aug 28, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #61 of 76
English -- Malay 

Civet ------ Musang

Musang directly translated, means fox. 

But since the civets look more like raccoons, they're called indonesian raccoons.

regular_smile .gif

Aug 28, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #62 of 76

You are pulling out your genitals and unless you are using a napkin or toilet paper to pull it out to piss, your are touching it and then shaking hands with people you meet, etc. Not washing your hands long enough just means that there is another problem. Folks should be washing long enough after using the restroom.

Quote:
If you are urinating and you can exit the restroom without using your hand to touch a handle or anything else, there's no reason to wash your hands. If you have to grab a handle or open a stall door, then wash your hands. Most people don't wash their hands for long enough anyway. This thread reminds me of a not very good joke but potentially funny. Use your choice of military.

An Air Force guy and a Marine were standing at a couple of urinals and the AF guy finished and was headed out and the Marine said, "Hey, doesn't the Air Force teach you to wash your hands after going to the bathroom?" The AF guy says, "No, but they also don't teach us to piss on our hands". 

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #67 of 76
thread hijacking in progress:

sitting vs kneeling toilets: why does the US insist on toilets that are designed for sitting, it has already been proven scientifically that it is much easier to pass stool through the bowels while kneeling than sitting. kneeling toilets are much more common in japan than the americas

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #68 of 76

Quote:

sitting vs kneeling toilets: why does the US insist on toilets that are designed for sitting, it has already been proven scientifically that it is much easier to pass stool through the bowels while kneeling than sitting. kneeling toilets are much more common in japan than the americas

I prefer the former. Sitting toilets just make more sense to me.

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #69 of 76
You are correct, I touch my skin when I pee. Do you wash your hands after you scratch your arm or after rubbing your eye because it's the same material? Just because part of your epidermis is in your pants doesn't make it unclean.

I've had to use an outhouse at times when I was a kid with no option to wash and sanitizing gels hadn't been invented yet and I've relieved myself in the woods and used a leaf...yet I literally cannot remember the last time I vomited due to illness. I don't get colds or the flu even though other members of my family do, so I'll stick with what's working for me. 

Quote:
You are pulling out your genitals and unless you are using a napkin or toilet paper to pull it out to piss, your are touching it and then shaking hands with people you meet, etc. Not washing your hands long enough just means that there is another problem. Folks should be washing long enough after using the restroom.

Quote:

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #70 of 76

Quote:

Sitting down is so much more comfortable, not to mention people with knee disorders will have a hard time trying to pee 

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #71 of 76

Isnt there a risk that some of your waste could get on your legs by kneeling? It is for sure more sanitary in certain ways. There are people who do not bother to use the supplied covers. I think that there was an  survey long time ago asking whether people were using the sanitary covers and there were people who did not!

Quote:

Aug 29, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #72 of 76
You can't mess yourself using a squat toilet unless you fall over, which is possible while drunk I guess.

Feb 10, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #74 of 76
I must be a germaphobic. What do you think?

- I try to avoid using my hands when opening a door to a store if at all possible.
- I wash my hands after petting my cat. Isn't this a bit extreme? Don't tell him (have you seen what they do ALL day?)
- Yes, I wash my hands after using the restroom.
- When I was a kid, sharing the same pop bottle etc would gross me out.
- I refuse to ever kiss my wife (just kidding, not married).

I seem to also wish there was a way to enter my pin at a store after inserting my card without getting germs.
Good reason to keep around Hand Sanitizer.

Here's one way to get massive germs without even realizing it...
There is a restaurant here that ONLY lets you order with a touch screen.
Imagine all those germs getting on the screen from people that order after using the restroom? Nasty.

I'm very blessed to not get sick very often. Of course I'm not around people every hour of the day!

PS I also hate washing my hands in a public (nasty) restroom and then having to pull a handle with my fingers just to open the door.

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #75 of 76
Well I do think hand sanitizer is probably effective. A few years ago, I did volunteer work in Haiti where there are places with sanitation problems. Many people in our unit got sick. I never got sick probably because I frequently applied hand sanitizer through out the day. That probably made a difference.

If you can avoid having a job in a school building, that may be the way to not get sick. I remember getting sick often when I was in school especially high school and college. I feel school buildings are in some ways like a cess pool of germs.

I also got sick four years ago when I was in Japan and I think it was from the crowded subways and I never used a hand sanitizer. I do believe in washing hands with soap and water. And do not touch your eyes and nose. Germs can migrate into those ports.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back