Whats with all the pictures of stuff being taken while on the bed?
Mar 17, 2008 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

kydsid

500+ Head-Fier
Why do so many picutures of things in the For Sale Threads or post pictures of threads have things shot on the bed? Does no one have a clean dinning room table or counter? Its not even unique to this site really, seen it on eBay but see it so often here.

Mar 17, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #2 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do so many picutures of things in the For Sale Threads or post pictures of threads have things shot on the bed? Does no one have a clean dinning room table or counter? Its not even unique to this site really, seen it on eBay but see it so often here.

No, I do not.
biggrin.gif

The dining room is only part of the living room in the apartment and when you have many roommates, its almost never clean with guys around. For those students who live on campus, we call it a dining hall. The floor is not attractive either for that matter.
tongue.gif

I take my pictures on top of a speaker usually or on my desk.

Mar 17, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 24
lol, I used my bathroom counter, because it was good for background...it was a neutral color. When I did my review (in sig) I had a desk in my room, now my dad uses it for his old computer stuff.

Mar 17, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I was thinking something else when I saw that title.
icon10.gif

Mar 17, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because it ups the chances of Nikongod making a purchase by about 600%. Marketing, people. Marketing.

rofl! However, just be assured that its only resale value will be to those with that sort of fetish for "used" equipment.

This is what my desk looks like on average:
Findthegearlabeled.jpg

Mar 17, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #9 of 24
Lazy people! I usually try to set up a location shot, with the West Bottoms as a backdrop. [local joke]

Laz

Mar 17, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #10 of 24
LOL @ West bottoms. I think me and you are the only ones who actually get that.

I use my bed, because It is the only extra space I have in my room.

Mar 17, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rofl! However, just be assured that its only resale value will be to those with that sort of fetish for "used" equipment.

This is what my desk looks like on average:
Findthegearlabeled.jpg

Dude, I love this picture, reminds me of me without the expensive stuff.

Mar 17, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #15 of 24
I think people photograph stuff on the bed because it offers a "private" setting and hopefully a clean and consistent background. Of course since my bed is never like that
wink.gif
, I take all photos on my coffee table or granite kitchen counter (thanks to crazy building manager who knows where to go all-out to make tenants happy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back