What's Up With Sennheiser? I Asked The Sennheisers.
Nov 29, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #181 of 182
Have you ever heard a HD700? have you held a HD700 in your hands, seen one with your eyes?
It is a very similar design to the HD800, the same design concept and similar chassis, the drivers in the HD700 are suspended in the same way as the HD800. Because i'm intelligent and have done thousands of hours of reseach and study on these things, I can surmise the differences in my head, I have a pretty good idea of what the HD800 sounds like based on my time with their little brother the HD700. These are the kind of things you can do when you accumulate experience in this hobby.
I think you'll find that the only reason the HD800 sounds different to the HD700 is because the HD800's drivers are 14mm larger. This gives the HD800 the bass and soundstage to distinguish between the two models. If the HD700's drivers had been 10mm larger it would probably sound indifferent. When people talk of the large, airy soundstage and holographic imaging of the HD800, I can relate to that, because I heard that with the HD700 when I used it with the high end equipment I had.

And no, i'm not commenting on "stuff i've never heard". I am not passing judgement on the HD800 based on it's sound. Don't try to play that card, making me out to be a fool, I certainly am not.

Yes Sir, own the HD700, 650,660,560,6XX,58X, HD820, HD630 not to mention the HD800 mentioned above.

These are powered by a RME ADI-2, IFI iCan Pro, MSB Link 3 Nelson, Bel Canto DAC2, Schiit Lyr 3, Bottlehead SEX 2, Resnoessence Labs Concero, Audiolab M-DAC, Yulong Aquila, Schiit Bifrost Multibit and some others I'm missing.

I can list my Sennheiser IEM collection too if you are so inclined.

You were saying something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back