What's the worst thing you've seen someone do in public?
Aug 27, 2006 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

callanish

100+ Head-Fier
I'm just wondering what's the worst thing you've seen someone do to their equipment in public?

I was at the gym watching someone do some stomach situps on a bench, Ipod buds in while working out. After about 15 situps, the IPOD ( looked like 4th Gen ) falls out of her sweat pocket and makes a thud on the ground. The woman lifts the player up using the phones which still stay plugged in causing the Ipod to swing hitting the side of the bench hard; she stuffs the player in her pocket again and goes right back to her situps without giving it a second thought.
eek.gif

Is this how the average person treats their equipment ( not on the head-fi forums of course ) and are these the same people that get all pissed off when their players fail and act like it's not due to anything they've done?

Aug 27, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #2 of 46
I guess all mine would be the people who think that beating on something will make the scratched CD play without skipping or webpage load faster.

And YES these are the same people that complain about their stuff breaking.

Aug 27, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #4 of 46
I've seen people physically assault each other.

Most people are more caring than that woman. Though they don't freak out if they scratch their iPod or get it dirty (Most people I see just wipe off the screen with their bare fingers), they don't treat their iPods like dirt and they realize how valuable it is to themselves.

Aug 27, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #5 of 46
Well...

My sister's, friend's, six year old sister wanted to see MY cellphone. Ok, why not I though. She plays with it for a sec and hands it back to me. But her tiny little hand's couldn't hold the cellphone correctly (I like to think of it like that, but it's more like her stupidy.) and she dropped it, right in front of me. She quickly picks it up. Takes a look at it and she's like, "it still works." I pretend to be mad and take the phone back, I turn it off and say, "It doesn't work, the screen doesn't work." But of course I tell her quickly because I'm just not mean enough to do it for too long...

The other time, I was in class (our desks were in 'pods' of 4) and I was listening to my PX-200s. I wanted a drink so I put it down on my table. I leave... and when I come back the guy in my 'pod' is playing with MY PX's and when he see's me he basically throws them on my iPod which is also on my desk... he basically killed two of my birds with one stone...

Why do I only see bad things happening to MY stuff?

Aug 27, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #6 of 46
A couple of months ago I saw a guy urinate beside his pickup truck in the middle of a busy shopping area parking lot! I couldn't believe my eyes & I couldn't decide whether to confront the idiot or to call the cops. My husband convinced me to do neither b/c by the time the cops got there he'd be gone & I was too dumbfounded to get the license # of the truck. I mean there were stores 20 yards away that he could have gone into to used the damned rest room.

Aug 27, 2006 at 4:33 AM Post #8 of 46
Probably the worst thing I can remember is earlier this year, I saw a motorcyclist cut across six lanes of traffic, at about 95mph, lose control, and fly off the bike, hitting the ground with a stiff bounce, and then several smaller ones, before nearly getting ran over by a tractor-trailer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela
A couple of months ago I saw a guy urinate beside his pickup truck in the middle of a busy shopping area parking lot! I couldn't believe my eyes & I couldn't decide whether to confront the idiot or to call the cops. My husband convinced me to do neither b/c by the time the cops got there he'd be gone & I was too dumbfounded to get the license # of the truck. I mean there were stores 20 yards away that he could have gone into to used the damned rest room.

I don't know where in TX you live, but I can see this happening, depending on how "country" your area is. I can certainly envision some of the hillbilly jerkoffs I went to high school with pulling a dumb stunt like that.

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #11 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Outside Mcdonalds in Shenzhen, China. A woman letting her kid take a dump. Then after the kid was finished go into McD's. Why not use the toilets in there
confused.gif

because it is unfamiliar and daunting.

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #12 of 46
Quote:

I don't know where in TX you live, but I can see this happening, depending on how "country" your area is. I can certainly envision some of the hillbilly jerkoffs I went to high school with pulling a dumb stunt like that.

El Paso -- 4th largest city in TX -- so, no not so country - but I know what you mean -- I used to live in Arkansas!

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #13 of 46
I saw a man hit another man in the head with a giant igloo cooler at the end of the Colombian Independence day festival at Flushing Meadow Park. I saw a guy get stabbed and thrown down from the top of the bleachers at an Alianza Lima vs Universitario soccer match in Peru. The strange thing was that both guys were fans of the same team.

Aug 27, 2006 at 10:31 AM Post #15 of 46
Although it does not fit the question 100%, I hate seeing small kids with portable music. I have a small daughter myself and I know how unfocused she is on the streets sometimes. But some of the kids in her class are already running around with DACs. I find that very unresponsible of the parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back