What's the worst thing you've seen someone do in public?
Aug 28, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #31 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
I don't think this thread is going in the same direction of what the original poster intended to.

i tried. people are too eager to post than read the subject.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 28, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #33 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
I don't think this thread is going in the same direction of what the original poster intended to.

Some of the posts are about "their equipment". (cough, cough)

I've seen how some people treat their players or headphones and want to ask them about it, but it's theirs and they can be as dumb as they please.

Aug 29, 2006 at 12:00 PM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by euclid
yea thats a shame

i saw someone drop an ipod one time, it was thrilling.

If you have taken apart your ipod before you would realize that it has a very thick rubber/foam insulation around the hard drive.

Sometimes falls happen, and for the most part, the hard drive can handle the abuse.

-Matt

Aug 29, 2006 at 12:28 PM Post #36 of 46
I saw a guy, good looking early 20's, blow himself up in a crowded marketplace in downtown Baghdad. He went to Allah along with 11 or so of his countrymen. About 30 more will go to Allah at a later date minus some appendages. Clearly he maintained his equipment meticulously and it operated without a hitch.

Aug 29, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #38 of 46
i see alot of weird crap... just one thing i find particularly weird is these guys that work down the hall... i work in the garment district, totally ghetto office. This bathroom makes prison bathrooms look nice, rusty sink, u know no water pressure...

This guy was basically sucking water out our sink faucet (yea it's our sink, we have the key) they wedge the door open to use the bathroom, and this guy has his full face drinking off the rusty faucet in our sink.

As far as really messed up stories go, i saw this couple with this guy (obviously teenagers) with his 15 year old girlfriend and like 2 babies. So this other guy must've walked into this guy by accident. The guy (with his girl an d kids) has the nerve to then take a swing at the other guy in front of his kids and try to start a fight... The guy looked at him like he was crazy, then layed him out cold so bad and all that his girlfriend and kids could do is cry as their dad layed out cold bleeding. Pretty sad stuff.

Aug 29, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #39 of 46
i was in a restroom at a local mall and while i was taking a piss in the stalls, the guy next to me was jerkin off... its hard to notice when i walked in and i thought he was just taking care of business like any other guy... but nope... i could not help but try to hold my piss in... but in the end, i told myself that as long as he doesn't touch me, i should careless what he does...

Aug 29, 2006 at 4:19 PM Post #40 of 46
The worst thing I've ever seen doesn't compare to the worst thing I've ever READ about something that happend in public. If anyone here vacations at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware then you have probably noticed is a paradise for the "fabulous" people (if catch my drift). Well, south of Rehoboth is a more family oriented place, namely Ocean City. Well, the police report in the paper states that two men from Rehoboth were on the BOARDWALK (the most densely populated area there) and one was standing, and the other was squatting. Take a guess. This took place IN FRONT OF the Dough Roller restuarant. I can't even think of anything more appalling to do in public.

Aug 29, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #41 of 46
Keeping on topic, :p

The worst would be my brother, who has broken every single headphone I have handed down to him, and then been too lazy to use the warrenty.

Biggie.

Aug 29, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #42 of 46
This happened in a street where I live a couple of years ago before I had a car.I was walking to the bus station. A car stoped in a juction with the intention to turn left which was not allowed with a large and visible signal there. The guy in the car behind him used the horn to warn him( just a short double sound as a warning) that it was not allowed. The man suddenly comes out of the car, swearing loudly with a ~15" hammer in his hand, walks to the car behind him and breaks the glass with the hammer. Then he started waving the hammer inside hitting the poor guy, the dashboard, front window. After that he walked back to his car, still swearing loud and drove away. The other man was bleeding seriously and some one called an ambulance

I freezed with fear with the entire scene and didn't take the licence plate but another person did and the he agressor was arrested. This was pretty scary as the guy could have started hitting people passing by!

Aug 29, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #43 of 46
hmm.. that should be pretty frightening to witness that. only god knows what else that guy could've done. but its not as frightening as being held at gun point. i was mugged on the street one night coming back from a friend's place. it was around midnight. i parked my car on the street and before i was able to reach my apartment, this guy points a gun at me and took everything i had... thank god he didn't make me go into my apartment to grab more stuff... people talk about getting goosebumps, but you haven't experience goosebumps until your life is potentially being compromised...

Aug 29, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #44 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
hmm.. that should be pretty frightening to witness that. only god knows what else that guy could've done. but its not as frightening as being held at gun point. i was mugged on the street one night coming back from a friend's place. it was around midnight. i parked my car on the street and before i was able to reach my apartment, this guy points a gun at me and took everything i had... thank god he didn't make me go into my apartment to grab more stuff... people talk about getting goosebumps, but you haven't experience goosebumps until your life is potentially being compromised...

That actually also happened to me, being muged with a gun. It was in one of Lisbon's largest city parks in a large avenue with a few people walking by. I was going home from work. The guy came from behind me and pointed the gun to my back. He took about 450$ in cash( I had received my payment that day), a pair of sunglasses and a Nokia telephone. I just did everything he asked very quietly. I was 16 back then and it was the most frightening situation ever in my life. I try not to remember it often though...

Aug 30, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #45 of 46
The worst things I've seen people do in public:

A man picking up his child by his hair and loudly cussing in his face for misbehaving (where else but the mall).

Seeing some a**hole destroy a parked car by running on top of it, jumping on it and kicking it during a drunk-fest at Fells Point.

I didn't see this happen (luckily) but when I worked at a clothing store and was working the dressing room someone took a crap on the floor of the rooms and covered it up with bikini hygenic strips 0_o

Watching someone smash into the car in front of him and the car behind him before maneuvering out of a parking spot in D.C.

Some woman struggling with the cops over a stolen sweater (again in the mall) and got thrown on the floor while screaming that her arm was broken :p

The worst things I've seen people do in public to their equipment:. I've seen someone drop their first cheap Sony PCDP on ROCK HARD asphault (this was me BTW).... Doesn't seem nearly as exciting.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back