Whats the worst fight you been in?
Mar 10, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #31 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn guy. what i don't like about this thread is that well... it is all americans and canadians. i go back to canada next year - am scared as hell for it actually. my girlfriend lives there too and sometimes neither of us feel safe.

all the fights ive been in, as soon as things began to look bad (i am not a fighter) i would run away. they all happened in the 5 years i lived in the states too. be careful there, it seems so many people are just eagre to pick a fight. please mates, be careful.

Well this board is mainly populated by those living in America and Canada. with a smattering of those from Europe and Asia. It's expected that it would mostly concern assaults in America and Canada.

Either way, you're right. There's a lot of alcohol/drug fueled hotheads out there and it's best to keep your head down. A combination of deescalating, running, and not being there has kept me out of any major scuffles in my adult life. Ain't no honor worth death, and I'm not going to let myself get goaded into committing suicide/homicide.

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #32 of 82
My only real fight was a school yard fight back when I was 13. I used to get a lot of grief in India because I spoke the national language (Hindi), rather poorly at the time. Most of it was in fun and I was pretty good natured about my lack of conversational skills, but a group of kids I consistently had trouble with decidedly went too far once when he started insulting my sister and did so in Hindi, which he assumed neither of us understood too well. Needless to say I was pissed cause while I couldn't speak well, I understood it very well. I had my arm locked around his neck and swept his legs to get him on the ground because he was a good 25 lb heavier than I was. From there, it was pretty much a punching fest until a minute later when he managed to pull away and started to walk off. Figuring it was over, I got up but when I turned around, he was standing right there, and before I could react, at point blank range, he sucker punched me right in the right eye. Now, unfortunately, I wear glasses, and at the time, my lenses were actually made of glass (my mom had wanted to save money, and glass lenses were cheaper in India than the plastic ones). He ran off with some shards of glass still stuck in his fist and I was left trying to get my bearings back and bleeding because a couple of shards had managed to catch me right below my eye (luckily they were shallow enough to get out without any major problems and luckily, they didn't get the eye).

The only other time I've been in a situation that would have escalated into a fight was when my family and I were visiting New Delhi. Having never been there, my father decided it was best to rent a car and driver/tour guide to drive us and show us around. He splurged on a ridiculously nice hotel because this was going to be our last trip to India as a whole family, at least in the near future. Anyhow, this one day, the driver drove up to the main lobby entrance and stopped the car rather abruptly. This, for some reason irritated the driver of the car ahead of him. To be fair, the other car was a good 10 ft away, but the driver and the passenger (two guys in their mid 20's or so), got out and started bitching out the driver and threatening him. My dad was outside having a smoke so he walked over to intervene on behalf of our driver and they started getting in his face. They were clearly drunk (and it was only 8 AM), and looking to start something, and probably would have had I not walked out there a bit later. I've been told by my friends in India, that when I start walking around in my Hawaiian shirts and sunglasses and stubble, I often look like an underworld don, and I'm guessing this is what these two saw as well, because about 5 seconds after I walked over to the car, they kinda stopped yelling, looked over at me, and then walked back to their car and drove off.

Mar 10, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #33 of 82
Guy tried to mug me one Sunday morning, waving a knife in my face. Punched him in his and he responded by slicing mine open. Went after him again and he ran. A parish priest heard the ruckus and took me to the hospital where they sewed me up. Still have a nice scar and when it's mentioned I proclaim, Heidelberg, 1938. Btw, the priest who took me to the hospital was the brother of Vinnie "The Chin" Gigante the old mafia boss. Exciting times growing up in the South Bronx...

Mar 10, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #34 of 82
you are true about this, but it just seems though according to news and reports of voilence that it is mainly focused in this area as for rich countries. be careful maties!

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well this board is mainly populated by those living in America and Canada. with a smattering of those from Europe and Asia. It's expected that it would mostly concern assaults in America and Canada.

Either way, you're right. There's a lot of alcohol/drug fueled hotheads out there and it's best to keep your head down. A combination of deescalating, running, and not being there has kept me out of any major scuffles in my adult life. Ain't no honor worth death, and I'm not going to let myself get goaded into committing suicide/homicide.

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #35 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by FooTemps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't been in an actual fight outside of any organized fighting really... Worst I've got is a few chipped teeth and bruised bones, hahaha. I really hope I don't have to fight outside a spar anytime in my life (though I wouldn't be surprised if I would have to)

I would hate to get into a fight outside the realistic enough spars I get into in Systema. I don't like the idea of fighting under 99% of circumstances and I don't approve of violence "in general", so I would have to agree. Under the 1% of circumstances where it's called for though, I'm vicious, because that's the only way it could ever be. If you are forced to fight, you fight for life and nothing else exists. It's you and your opponent, morals and ideals are gone until the fight is over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's really messed up. If that ever happened to me in the US the next time he saw me would be on the safe side of the pistol pointed at his kneecaps. I know, that's messed up too, but seriously, knocking you unconscious then continuing to smash your face when you tried to prevent a fight?

Completely understandable, I'm taught well to incapacitate the opponent, but quite literally further damaging the person after they're down and unconscious is simply unnecessary in almost all situations. Unless you need to escape imprisonment or captivity and you require that person to be unconscious and disabled for long period of time (or unless you're just a sick **** that likes to hurt people), there is really no point in continuing after they are down.

From personal experience - aside from getting my lower lip busted to badly bleeding twice in the same 90 minute Systema class, I would have to say the worst fight I've been in was when three people tried to jump me in a park. I didn't have proper training (Systema training, because that's the only one that really helped in comparison to all else), I panicked and in not keeping a clear head and with emotion instead of reason and logic, I didn't fight them one at a time by trying to control the situation in that fashion - I got somewhat hurt, but with 3 years of Karate, 2 years of KickBoxing and 6 months of Muay Thai, I wasn't harmless and got to hurt two of the opponents enough to leave me alone. Unlike traditional sparring, street fighting with untrained opponents usually tends to be a lot of wild and fast swinging with un-aimed and uncontrolled impacts that all try to concentrate on the front of the face. This isn't always the most effective technique and certainly (and luckily) didn't prove useful against me. Lucky for me, these punks didn't know what they were doing except to keep swinging and trying to "Ground and Pound" (which is effective if you fall and cower against a strong barrage), but luckily I can kick hard to down an opponent with a Muay Thai down-kick to the knee to disable one opponent and hit hard enough in the throat to disable another to not have to face much damage in the process. It was not a fast fight and until I got my bearing (facing my fears and starting to think of how to get through it), it was at least 10 minutes of torture before things turned and I got the two people hurt enough to let them know I wouldn't back down and let them hurt me.

From some training later, there is one very important lesson I must share with you all - never give up! You have no choice! Come with everything you have or you may not live to regret it, people don't attack you to get a tap-out or count boxing points, fights go on as long as they have to, meaning they don't stop until the victor feels like stopping bashing the failure into the ground. Don't be the failure and don't most importantly don't fight if you can avoid it, nobody really wins.

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #36 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that ever happened to me in the US the next time he saw me would be on the safe side of the pistol pointed at his kneecaps.

Oh my, an internet tough guy!

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:34 AM Post #37 of 82
while I was still in high school I withdraw a couple of hundred dollars from the ATM

anyway, thugs must have seen me withdraw and waited until i went down a very quiet and dark alley (silly move by me) going back to school to meet some mates

anyway it was a 5 on 1 situation and needless to say I lost my money but the boneheads didn't realise i had a brand new mobile phone in my front left pocket worth about AU$800 at the time so that was ok, i really would have been annoyed if i lost that. funnily enough i was wearing the headset outside of my shirt =\

well i managed to throw one guy to the ground but you can't beat 10 arms when you've only got 2 =( anyway that really pissed the guy off so after taking my money threw in a few for good measure. bruises and cuts/scrapes but thankfully nothing broken

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #38 of 82
Got a lot of scratches and bites playing with my cat, and a few bruises in the ring, but I have always managed to stay out of trouble, talking my way out of tricky situations, or just running away. No shame in doing so. I guess if my family was in danger I would fight, otherwise I see no reason to.

Mar 10, 2008 at 11:08 AM Post #40 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kind of wanted to go see that movie, in that "I thought it was a boring story when I read it" kind of way.

Thelonius, was it that new reality show, "You've Been Kicked in the Balls"?

Close...

idiocracy3.jpg

Mar 10, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #41 of 82
My worst fight was when I was in Birmingham walking with my 2 other friends on street and on other side of the street there was about 11 guys from Pakistan. When we walked passed them they said that we are not alloud to be here because that is their street
confused.gif
...so we didnt said anything and just tried to quickly get out of the street, but before we did that all those 11 guys started run after us so we just tried to run away because there was too may of them but finally after 5 minutes of chasing they catched us and we had to fight. All i remember is that I punched couple of guys in the face and them somebody took this piece of wood and smacked me in the leg with it so my leg got broken and I got punched couple of times in face and everything was just blury. Somebody was walking by seeing that we needed help so he called the cops and after they arrived those Pakistanian guys was gone...When I came over to one of my friends he was stabbed in the right arm and other friend was beaten up really bad, finnaly after all that my friend that got stabbed stayed in hospital and I had a broken leg. We never seen those people again and next day I had to go back to Boston because I only came to Birmingham to visit my friend for one day...there may be couple of similar fights like that before but this is the one I remember the most.

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #43 of 82
Three local kids/guys (they were 18-19 while I were 25-26) jumped on me in a disco at a winter sport place about 10 years back. Apparently because I were flirting and dancing with some of "their" local girls.

I broke the right thumb on the one closest to me, and kicked the second one hard in his private parts (my leg did hurt for 3-4 days). The third one backed out when he saw how I treated his friends. Obviously not that tough alone!
tongue.gif

I got a blue eye myself...

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #44 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Three local kids/guys (they were 18-19 while I were 25-26) jumped on me in a disco at a winter sport place about 10 years back. Apparently because I were flirting and dancing with some of "their" local girls.

I broke the right thumb on the one closest to me, and kicked the second one hard in his private parts (my leg did hurt for 3-4 days). The third one backed out when he saw how I treated his friends. Obviously not that tough alone!
tongue.gif

I got a blue eye myself...

cowards run in packs..

Mar 10, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #45 of 82
Heh in the States we say "black eye". Although if punches gave one blue eyes that would be pretty neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back