What's the ULTIMATE bestest IEM?
Apr 27, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #17 of 45
Oriolus Traillii

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #18 of 45
This is really quite unanswerable.... and you are going to get so many different opinions and viewpoints which each hold different bias's, preferences etc. Best for what? What kind of mood are you in? What are you listening to? What IEM/s have you listened to before this IEM? What do you prioritise in a signature?

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #20 of 45
You could literally go into any of the dedicated threats on here and they would blow smoke up your a** about their recent purchase decision being the best thing since sliced bread so it's quite difficult getting a gauge of things for noobs. I do feel quite sorry for them tbf.

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #21 of 45
depending on who you trust, Unique Melody Mest or sony IER-Z1R

I only only know one guy who puts both those atop his pyramid and he's full of crap most of the time. I've got extensive experience with both of those IEMs and I know full well that there are plenty of tastes and circumstances for which neither are ideal. The missing and essential variable to answer a question like this is the specific music tastes and listening preferences of the individual-- there are simply too many different possibilities to say anything definitive otherwise. That said the 8SL is an interesting choice-- it's not one of the QDC models you tend to hear much about.

Apr 27, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #23 of 45
Best is subjective but the CA Andromeda (solid body) is my endgame / all-rounder. It handles gaming, movies and music perfectly for me.

Andromeda is the best general "I don't know anything about this person or what they listen to" rec in this hobby imho

Apr 27, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #24 of 45
Dunno

Apr 27, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #25 of 45
+1. Not everyone has had the hear what's out there. I mean even if Crinnacle's heard 9000 iems, I'm probably not going to agree with his top recommendations. We're just gonna land with endless accounts of personnal faves.

What would be more interesting is to know what people end up "retiring" with in this always evolving hobby.
Even if it's not "evolving", things are only getting more expensive! 😹

Apr 27, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #26 of 45
+1. Not everyone has had the hear what's out there. I mean even if Crinnacle's heard 9000 iems, I'm probably not going to agree with his top recommendations. We're just gonna land with endless accounts of personnal faves.

What would be more interesting is to know what people end up "retiring" with in this always evolving hobby.
Even if it's not "evolving", things are only getting more expensive! 😹
Noble encore for me. I gave my 846 to my wife after comparing.

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #27 of 45
Best is subjective but the CA Andromeda (solid body) is my endgame / all-rounder. It handles gaming, movies and music perfectly for me.

Andromeda is the best general "I don't know anything about this person or what they listen to" rec in this hobby imho
I loved the sound of the andromedas but the hiss bothered me way too much. Just too sensitive. At least the version I had. I’m now using, and thoroughly enjoying, the IER-Z1R.

The fact of the matter is one is going to waste a lot of money trying to find the right sound/fit. It’s all part of the hobby!

The trick is to minimize the expense and get good resale value out of purchases when you’re ready to move on.

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #28 of 45
I would say is this if you can afford it :

Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM
That has a wire? lol

Airpod$$$$ MAX. You guys spend how much and there's still a wire? pshhh boomers. its 2021 dawg

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #29 of 45
Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #30 of 45
Purely on just sound alone the Shure KSE1500 takes my vote. Otherwise I think the Sony xba-z5 is the greatest all rounder (ergonomics, sound, etc) I've heard to date. Though the IMR Semper (with open filter) has been getting lots of ear time this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back